Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

sanahtlig, on 24 Sept 2015 - 5:15 PM, said:

Honestly the 400k stretch goal is the only one that really matters to me.  Game improvements are cool.  As for fandiscs, I never play those anyway.

Yeah, I've played some of the side stories that are translated and they range from god awful to run of the mill.

Honestly the 400k stretch goal is the only one that really matters to me.  Game improvements are cool.  As for fandiscs, I never play those anyway.

If the 720k stretch goal was TDA I would root for it though even then I can't really see them hitting that amount.  I would be only interested in the 500k stretch goal if the Vita release gets a physical edition.

vinnces, on 24 Sept 2015 - 5:55 PM, said:

If the 720k stretch goal was TDA I would root for it though even then I can't really see them hitting that amount.  I would be only interested in the 500k stretch goal if the Vita release gets a physical edition.

Pretty sure they said that a vita release would be digital only.

Well I was going to get a "pillow case", untill I noticed that the place holder images seem to indicate they will be for normal sized pillows and not body pillows. I thought I could wait untill a update in which they would reveal more details about the physical goods, but according the kickstarter comments they can't do any prototypeing untill they get their money. I tried asking for clarification regarding the pillow case in the comments of the kickstarter page, but they seem to be ignoring me. Has anyone else heard anything?

Maybe I was hasty when I said this won't reach $500k. This is breaking first-day records for VNs. 

If they put up more stuff with a limited amount, like the model kits, I'm sure they can come close.  Ppl, including me, are suckas for LE stuff lol.  Thankfully no figures for me to tempt me with~

Mkilbride, on 24 Sept 2015 - 8:17 PM, said:

As someone who has played Clannad and think it's a pretty good VN, I can easily say that if you compare it to a story like Muv Luv, it comes up seriously wanting.

Well I just found it surprising since Clannad has a massive anime fanbase, while MuvLuv only has...... Total Eclipse in terms of an anime fanbase.

As someone who has played Clannad and think it's a pretty good VN, I can easily say that if you compare it to a story like Muv Luv, it comes up seriously wanting.

Plus theres plenty of ways for Muv Luv to monetize not just the VN. They could create a merchandise relating mechs/carriers/fighters, alternate dimensions, or even direct cross overs with other games.

Still hoping for that Codex stretch goal :kosame:   I do love me some lore, and a codex always makes me happy as I waste a bunch of time pouring over every entry.  Crossing my fingers for that, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Same here.  They should have put that at the 500k mark imo. :)

Speaking of which, has this series shown up in Super Robot Taisen yet?

Not that I know of.  All the series that appear in SRW are based on anime, unless I'm mistaken, and it usually takes a few years for them to appear.  I know Nadesico didn't appear in a SRW until 4 years after the series ended.  So basically they would be using Total Eclipse.  I won't be surprise for them to eventually appear in a SRW game barring any licensing shenanigans.

Speaking of which, has this series shown up in Super Robot Taisen yet?

I wish. Speaking of which did Demonbane get in? I could have sworn it did. If not, it's probably modded just like they do with mugen games. If it did, then it's not impossible for muv luv to get a couple mechs in. It could be a matter of time though.