Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

Because the world needs to move on. It's the same reason as to why they aren't porting it for the PS2.

which is why it is still getting new games released,including two VNs this year:Xblaze Lost Memories and Steins Gate, right?

So,yeah,I believe there's still room for a PS3 and if they plan stretch goals to fund the production of ports that don't exist yet,why not funding the localization of an already done port?Having the two main Muv-Luv games on all three current main Sony systems on the west would be awesome.

It could be up to a year before a console version of MuvLuv would even get released in English.  That's one more year for the last-generation consoles to become even less relevant.  It's also possible that whatever engine they used for the PS3 release isn't compatible with English text, or that 5pb doesn't want to share the rights for the PS3 version.  There's a number of hidden factors that could be influencing this decision.

Prefundia page comment sections just said this.

Nonscpo  5 hours ago

Due to Kickstarters history with 18+ projects, what guarantee do we have that the uncut/uncensored ports will be part of the campaign? Also in case of any unforseen circumstances, do you have a backup plan, in case Kickstarter gives you trouble (i.e. indiegogo page)?

Muv-Luv  Nonscpo  5 hours ago

It will not be a part of the Kickstarter campaign directly because we have to abide by their rules, however we will have a patch (already officially approved by ixtl) which can be downloaded from our website (or any means possible), and can alter the versions back and forth, and will work 100% for both physical and digital copies. At least that's the idea we have so far. We hope for your understanding, it's the best we can do to support the regular, uncut edition.

Prefundia page slightly updated as well: link

The backer rewards have changed a bit too. Integral Works and Lunatic Dawn are now both confirmed but only in JP, however there will be a digital "codex" featuring the best parts of those books translated. They state the licensing, re-formatting and translation costs for those were too high.

I don't really care since I can read japanese fine but it's a shame for people interested in those artbooks.

It also pays mind to mention that unlike Frontwing who charged full-price for an adult version of Grisaia (that we've yet to see) Muv-Luv's going to be distributed by patch and since I can't recall anything really charging money for a patch I think we can say that if you support the kickstarter you'll get the patch free of charge; which is loads better than what Frontwing did. edit: at least based on what we know currently. 

I couldn't care less about the sex scenes, as long as they keep the ehm ... you know what... I know that in the original "all ages" (lol) PC release they somewhat tamed the goriest parts, the ideal would the new "windows 7" edition with  only the sex scenes removed (keeping anything else intact)

Prefundia page comment sections just said this.

Nonscpo  5 hours ago

Due to Kickstarters history with 18+ projects, what guarantee do we have that the uncut/uncensored ports will be part of the campaign? Also in case of any unforseen circumstances, do you have a backup plan, in case Kickstarter gives you trouble (i.e. indiegogo page)?

Muv-Luv  Nonscpo  5 hours ago

It will not be a part of the Kickstarter campaign directly because we have to abide by their rules, however we will have a patch (already officially approved by ixtl) which can be downloaded from our website (or any means possible), and can alter the versions back and forth, and will work 100% for both physical and digital copies. At least that's the idea we have so far. We hope for your understanding, it's the best we can do to support the regular, uncut edition.

Prefundia page slightly updated as well: link

Kickstarter is filled to the brim with soo much bullshit. So Aching Dreams, Sunrider, Gay Men Draw Vaginas, NSFW are all ok because they don't reach a certain level of funding? But, anything that gets 100k+ is a no-no?

Although this sounds fine to me the line "At least that's the idea we have so far" is a bit worrying.

Yeah "idea" of official 18+ version patch sounds great.

"idea" might end up as "idea" though

They should assure backers/potential backers that there's gonna be unrated release or patch or w/e. If they can do that, I'll back this project up, for now I'll hold on. They won't give us translated Artbooks, just JP original ones, so yeah...

Yeah "idea" of official 18+ version patch sounds great.

"idea" might end up as "idea" though

They should assure backers/potential backers that there's gonna be unrated release or patch or w/e. If they can do that, I'll back this project up, for now I'll hold on. They won't give us translated Artbooks, just JP original ones, so yeah...

Well, this is a miasma of variables working against each other. They seem to be intent on adding a butt-load of new stuff to the localized version of Muv-Luv (Takeru's voice, new cgs, new interface, new ost's, new bgm's, plus more)  which I imagine would take priority over inserting 18+ content. I don't know a lick about programing, but I imagine some issues could pop-up latter on.

As for the artbooks, that is a bit dissapointing, but I would rather they prioritize stretch goals to add new content to MuvLuv and localizing the fandisks.

@muvluvseries I hope you guys will please consider including digital codes for those who buy physical bundles =)

.@WeWantRance yes, there will be digital codes for backers who will pledge for physical bundles. :)

- again so far this planned kickstarter is already off to a better and more rewarding planning stage than frontwing's.

• 2 weeks later...

The prefundia page has been saying "Around the 2nd week of September" for a while now.

Since we're precisely there it should be soon. Just suscribe your email to the prefundia page, there's no point getting impatient about it.

I'm not being impatient.I just found it weird when they kept said about the date.Then again,I haven't been following the prefundia,so there's that.

The kickstarter should go up any day now.. It's nearly mid month, not early anymore.

I hope the censored version is only the removal of H-scenes with everything else intact.

the games haven gotten All-Ages versions in Japan,they will probably use just that,which added more voiced lines for Takeru,extra CGs,extra endings and more facial animations for the characters.

Hell,the 18+ version of Alternative didn't even have CG gallery nor Chapter Select.They added those for the All-Ages version.

the games haven gotten All-Ages versions in Japan,they will probably use just that,which added more voiced lines for Takeru,extra CGs,extra endings and more facial animations for the characters.

Hell,the 18+ version of Alternative didn't even have CG gallery nor Chapter Select.They added those for the All-Ages version.

To flip that question around: why is the first version of a game always worse / less polished than subsequent versions?

Because the first version has to succeed in order to fund the more polished second version? (cough) To milk more money out of the fans if the first version is a success(cough).

Are all visual novels onward destined to be ruined with this All Ages crap? What the flying fudgecakes?

I dont care if I have to pay more for 18+ version, just make them please.

I don't know what you people mean by "onward" all ages versions have existed in Japan for a long time, it's nothing new, it is just easier to localize in the West.

Muv-Luv Alternative + proper Win8/10 support

Proper win8/10 support, as a fucking stretchgoal? Wtf are they thinking.......

Also everyone has pretty much agreed that alternative is the really good thing about this franchise in general, I havent played it myself but I dont think that many people can be wrong.

So they want to ultimately release 2 mediocre games and leaving the good one to a stretchgoal?

Please please help me understand this logic.

Muv-Luv Alternative + proper Win8/10 support

Proper win8/10 support, as a fucking stretchgoal? Wtf are they thinking.......

That's a misstatement.  I recommend reading the actual Kickstarter page rather than depend on random Redditors to summarize for you.

So they want to ultimately release 2 mediocre games and leaving the good one to a stretchgoal?
Please please help me understand this logic.

My guess is Degica and Age are hedging their bets.  They don't want the Kickstarter to fail and get nothing after all this work setting up the Kickstarter, thus they've set a lower funding goal so they'll at least get SOME money if the campaign attracts less funding than expected.