Japan runs out of protagonists; Kirito gets his own eroge (Kenseiki Alpha Ride)

sanahtlig

Ugah, I wish you hadn't reminded me about this one.  I'm not good at waiting patiently, and I've already been waiting eight months since they started moving the release date back over and over.

I've been following it for a long time too. It just had the release date pushed back again the other day, to September. Does feel like it'll never come. Looking at the screenshots and how much content it seemingly has though, you can sort of see why. I just hope that year delay will show in-game.

Care to elaborate?  My PC is nearly 5 years old and it easily clears all the recommended specs (and I was planning to upgrade that later this year).  My 2006 PC probably would have been able to play this game.

you have played it ? 

this what they say on the spec page :

OS Windows 7以降

CPU Intel Core i5 以上 

メモリ 4GB 以上

グラフィックス Gefore 400/Radeon HD 5000以降

VRAM 1GB 以上

DirectX 11 以降

you have played it ? 

this what they say on the spec page :

OS Windows 7以降

CPU Intel Core i5 以上 

メモリ 4GB 以上

グラフィックス Gefore 400/Radeon HD 5000以降

VRAM 1GB 以上

DirectX 11 以降

Of course I haven't played it.  It's not even out yet.  But I can read the specs.  Those specs you're listing are the recommended specs.  The minimum specs are lower.

Great. Another run-of-the-mill SRPG, no one will remember a couple months after release. Keep it up, Japan.

Dunno about that, depends what they do with it. The world is big, and they've put story into each part of it. There's the background of it, and they made a video of every area. At the very highest level the plot may seem generic, i.e. it's a good faction against a "bad" faction. Good vs evil, light vs dark etc. But at that level you can say the exact same about Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings etc. But that's the point, it's set up to be more of an "epic," something which easily could (and should) need multiple games and hundreds of hours to go through. There's so much potential in there, with the world, the large numbers of characters, all the politics, in-fighting, subterfuge, plotting and vying for power within the factions, as well as against each other, and likely a yet-unknown third faction (as well as the standard neutral enemies). There's a lot of *potential* depth there, given this set up. It all depends on how it's executed, how detailed the story is, and where they go with it. The game being delayed for a year is actually a pretty good thing I think, because it hints at there being too much content for them to finish it, so they had to delay. Wasn't a single month or two like most games either, it was a whole year or near enough. There must be a lot invested into this game now, and given that they delayed rather than chuck it out in a broken state gives credence to that. I don't think they'd want to throw it away at this point.

So yeah, it looks nice, definitely a lot of potential in the world and the setup, but it will all come down to the story, how they've designed it (I don't think one game could cover this, again look at Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or anything like that, Twilight even, they need many sequels to get through everything). Can do nothing but cross our fingers.

Give it a rest. He was bearable in the first arc, but the second arc and season 2 were utter shite. Also that harem thing is pretty lame like honestly. Personally, I would rather see his kind buried in the anals of history.

Care to elaborate?  My PC is nearly 5 years old and it easily clears all the recommended specs (and I was planning to upgrade that later this year).  My 2006 PC probably would have been able to play this game.

People who usually read VNs and watch anime online do not usually find the need to purchase new hardware. Your average VN is about as demanding as heroes of might and magic 3.