What makes Grisaia no Kajitsu so great?

starlessn1ght

Yumiko's route is generally considered an average one, the most popular routes would be Amane and Makina's route. Most of the routes were written by different authors, only Amane and Makina's were written by the main writer. "Rewrite" is the same way, with only Kotori, Akane, and the Moon/Terra routes being written by the main writer. I'm sure its no coincidence that these routes tend to be better.

Anyways, as to what I like about this visual novel:

1) Amane's route, especially the last bits and the endings.

2) The Common route. This is the main charm of this vn for me. There's no stupid harem aspect where all the girls want a piece of him for no freaking reason, its just about the whacky personalities and interactions between the characters, of which I found amusing. The girls could had been all guys and it wouldn't really change much about how the route felt to me. This was also why I liked Majikoi, until it turned into a harem waifu fest (ESPECIALLY Majikoi S) which caused me to stay far far away from it.

Edit: Oh right. While I do enjoy Grisaia, I do agree that its not a masterpiece or anything and there are certainly better visual novels out there. However, what makes this game popular is that it can be appealed as a one of the better-made "harem-waifu" series, much like Majikoi, which the current anime/manga male fans just absolutely love. No matter what their opinions on what makes a good story is, they are all united on the fact that they all love virtual waifus, and a "harem-waifu" series market female characters of all shades and stripes.

Hidden Content

Yumiko route spoilers.

Yumiko is a very proud person, so I don't think she would have ever followed her fathers' wishes like that.

That being said, if she did indeed do it, she most likely would have turned into a fairly similar character to Makina's mother, yeah.

Would have been cool to see a bad ending like that in the game. I personally like the fact that she has 2 "good" endings, though having a third bad end with such an outcome would be a little badass.

A grown up, ruthless Yumiko who owns one of the largest companies in Japan, ordering people around like puppets :pyaa:

Badass. Erhem, I mean ... sad. Sad ending. :makina:

The OP protagonist, it is like a working adult re-enrolled into a high school again, making his classmates look dumb and influencing a loli and everyone's maid into perverts.

For me, the main route is somewhat boring, and I found Michiru a bit annoying (I did her route last), but the humor and unique school life story are quite good. It becomes more interesting after entering each heroines' routes, and the characters' development is the main charm of GnK. Amane and Sachi's route are gold.