What makes Grisaia no Kajitsu so great?

starlessn1ght

Michiru is a great character, but I found her route the worst in the VN.

Oh yeah I forgot this before, but I've actually gotten 3 people and counting who hadn't even heard of Grisaia to read it based on the aforementioned screenshots alone. Kinda spammed them into submission. The first two have finished, the 3rd is reading it now and we're talking about it, which reminded me. Not sure I've done that with any other work before, and even if I have it would certainly be one person max per VN/anime/manga.

That's what I need to do to people who haven't read Majikoi or Kara No Shoujo.

Well, I've beat you to the punch with Majikoi come to think of it. Only one for this though, the first person I "encouraged" to start Grisaia.  :sachi:

The process here was less screenshot intensive than Grisaia, but there were still a fair few.

As for Kara no Shoujo, well, I haven't read that myself.  :paranoid:

Edited by hydro

Michiru is a great character, but I found her route the worst in the VN.

Oh yeah I forgot this before, but I've actually gotten 3 people and counting who hadn't even heard of Grisaia to read it based on the aforementioned screenshots alone. Kinda spammed them into submission. The first two have finished, the 3rd is reading it now and we're talking about it, which reminded me. Not sure I've done that with any other work before, and even if I have it would certainly be one person max per VN/anime/manga.

That's what I need to do to people who haven't read Majikoi or Kara No Shoujo.

Well, I've beat you to the punch with Majikoi come to think of it. Only one for this though, the first person I "encouraged" to start Grisaia.  :sachi:

The process here was less screenshot intensive than Grisaia, but there were still a fair few.

As for Kara no Shoujo, well, I haven't read that myself.  :paranoid:

It's time to get spammed :sachi:

Finished Makina's route. I've enjoyed that one the most of the three I've finished thus far.

Which ones have you completed?

Edit: Never mind, you mentioned on previous page. I'm sad you couldn't get into Amane's route.

I'm almost done, I finished Sakaki's route last night in between other things, so I'm just down to Sachin's.

If I had to describe Amane's route, I'd say it was a well-written absurdity. In fact, I'd say the dialogue between Amane and Kazuki might be the best exchange between two characters in the entire visual novel. But in choosing a circumstance that could actually have the best chance of happening but having it in such a modern time period, it just makes it hard for me to buy into it. Probably because it brings an element that was completely under control of the outside world and it was played out in a way that just doesn't make sense for a modern age, high-tech, high-intelligence society like Japan.

Finished Makina's route. I've enjoyed that one the most of the three I've finished thus far.

Edit: Never mind, you mentioned on previous page. I'm sad you couldn't get into Amane's route.

I'm almost done, I finished Sakaki's route last night in between other things, so I'm just down to Sachin's.

If I had to describe Amane's route, I'd say it was a well-written absurdity. In fact, I'd say the dialogue between Amane and Kazuki might be the best exchange between two characters in the entire visual novel. But in choosing a circumstance that could actually have the best chance of happening but having it in such a modern time period, it just makes it hard for me to buy into it. Probably because it brings an element that was completely under control of the outside world and it was played out in a way that just doesn't make sense for a modern age, high-tech, high-intelligence society like Japan.

Sachi´s route is awesome, so look forward to it. Though ... her bad ending ... :pyaa: ... 

Cool to hear your opinion on Amane´s route. I personally loved it, but I get your point. Seems its one of the routes that have very split opinions on wether its good or not. 

Her bad ending is nothing but retarded. You can't take it seriously

I know

traffic accidents happen all the time

, but damn, seriously...?

Amane's bad ending was at least better since it was relevant to the plot. :amane: 

Also, Grisaia no Kajitsu is great because of KazamiYuuji. Non-virgin protagonist who gives absolutely zero bullshits and always looks like a bad ass. *fangirl screams*

He can kiss you, tell you he likes you, and make you his girlfriend without feeling embarrassed or regretful about it. The way he talks, he always gives it to you hard and straight without batting an eye, so you can tell he's really genuine about it.

Also, best moment in the anime, wish it didn't lead in the bad ending in the vn though. It was definitely a good ending material.

Even on Rakuen, when he was still a child, he was already a damn stud:

I would so cheat with him if he existed in real life. /NTR vibes rising

Edited by CeruleanGamer

Kazuki made this game for me. I thought it was intense from the beginning of her story, great writing, just awesome. I do agree with you though, I think I just put it at the back of my mind and ignored it on purpose, but in this day and age the situation is absurd.

Her bad ending is nothing but retarded. You can't take it seriously

I know

Hidden Content

, but damn, seriously...?

Amane's bad ending was at least better since it was relevant to the plot. :amane: 

Also, Grisaia no Kajitsu is great because of KazamiYuuji. Non-virgin protagonist who gives absolutely zero bullshits and always looks like a bad ass. *fangirl screams*

He can kiss you, tell you he likes you, and make you his girlfriend without feeling embarrassed or regretful about it. The way he talks, he always gives it to you hard and straight without batting an eye, so you can tell he's really genuine about it.

Hidden Content

Also, best moment in the anime, wish it didn't lead in the bad ending in the vn though. It was definitely a good ending material.

Hidden Content

Even on Rakuen, when he was still a child, he was already a damn stud:

Hidden Content

I would so cheat with him if he existed in real life. /NTR vibes rising

If I were gay, I'd totally have sex with Yuuji. He's such a cool motherfucker, He's funny as hell, and a major player. Plus, he's the best character out of Grisaia which is known to have amazing characters.

Maybe this isn´t the right place to say this but i´m new at this so i hope you´ll forgive me. 

The truth is I´m a great fan of this series both anime and visual novel but so far i just managed to play the first one.

Just wanted to know if Grisaia no Meikyuu Visual novel is out so far and if not when it will be.

Thank you for your help

Maybe this isn´t the right place to say this but i´m new at this so i hope you´ll forgive me. 

The truth is I´m a great fan of this series both anime and visual novel but so far i just managed to play the first one.

Just wanted to know if Grisaia no Meikyuu Visual novel is out so far and if not when it will be.

Thank you for your help

It will be translated into English and be released at some point but it's not Sekai Project's main priority at the moment so you'll be waiting a while.

Thank you for your help

Meiykuu is currently being translated by Sekai Project, like VirginSmasher said. Here is the most recent update they have made on ther progress:

"Same as last month, there's been some schedule slips but we're still on track, once it's closer to being done we'll let you know. There's still technical/editing/qa work required after that so we do not have a firm release date just yet."

Now the game is significantly shorter than Kajitsu, so it probably wont be as long to translate, not to mention that a good portion of the extra content in meiykuu is H-Scenes, that SP probably wont release, so thats less translating for them. (I believe that Kajitsu took about 2 years.) But we wont know anything for sure until they come with a more firm statement about its progress.

Thank you for your help

Meiykuu is currently being translated by Sekai Project, like VirginSmasher said. Here is the most recent update they have made on ther progress:

"Same as last month, there's been some schedule slips but we're still on track, once it's closer to being done we'll let you know. There's still technical/editing/qa work required after that so we do not have a firm release date just yet."

Now the game is significantly shorter than Kajitsu, so it probably wont be as long to translate, not to mention that a good portion of the extra content in meiykuu is H-Scenes, that SP probably wont release, so thats less translating for them. (I believe that Kajitsu took about 2 years.) But we wont know anything for sure until they come with a more firm statement about its progress.

I really hope they release the uncensored version anyways. I don't want to have to look at CGs just to see them. Even if they'll probably bog down the story for me, I've heard the major route in there is pretty good. I hope it doesn't turn out like how Majikoi S did for me.

Thank you for your help

I really hope they release the uncensored version anyways. I don't want to have to look at CGs just to see them. Even if they'll probably bog down the story for me, I've heard the major route in there is pretty good. I hope it doesn't turn out like how Majikoi S did for me.

Yeah it is likely that they will release the uncensored version through denpasoft like they did with Kajitsu a little after the main game's release. (I personally hope so too, as the H-Scenes are quite enjoyable in Meiykuu :illya:)

As for the story, the main route is really good, yes. Also, the H-scenes have very little to do with the plot so its essentially uncut when it comes to story. Most of the H-Scenes are in either the heroines after routes or in non cannon H-scenes added as a bonus in the game. One thing that is slightly annoying with Meiykuu is that the ending is a cliffhanger, and that cliffhanger will be resolved in Rakuen, so when the game comes out, it becomes a patience test to wait for Rakuen.

Overall I think fans of the first game will be very happy with Meiykuu though, even if the H-Scenes are cut.

Thank you for your help

Yeah it is likely that they will release the uncensored version through denpasoft like they did with Kajitsu a little after the main game's release. (I personally hope so too, as the H-Scenes are quite enjoyable in Meiykuu :illya:)

As for the story, the main route is really good, yes. Also, the H-scenes have very little to do with the plot so its essentially uncut when it comes to story. Most of the H-Scenes are in either the heroines after routes or in non cannon H-scenes added as a bonus in the game. One thing that is slightly annoying with Meiykuu is that the ending is a cliffhanger, and that cliffhanger will be resolved in Rakuen, so when the game comes out, it becomes a patience test to wait for Rakuen.

Overall I think fans of the first game will be very happy with Meiykuu though, even if the H-Scenes are cut.

So the after story routes as only there for h scenes from what I can tell? I'm having some bad Majikoi S flashbacks :michiru:

So the after story routes as only there for h scenes from what I can tell? I'm having some bad Majikoi S flashbacks :michiru:

Hmm, well I wouldn't say that. Yes, they are kind of short and the H-Scenes are quite nice but the after routes do give some nice, heartwarming story as well. I personally very much enjoyed the Sachi and Makina ones. So its not a complete waste even if the H-Scenes are not in the first games' english release.

Hmm, well I wouldn't say that. Yes, they are kind of short and the H-Scenes are quite nice but the after routes do give some nice, heartwarming story as well. I personally very much enjoyed the Sachi and Makina ones. So its not a complete waste even if the H-Scenes are not in the first games' english release.

OK. I'm still looking forward to it, but after the disappointment that was Majikoi S, I'm very cautious this time around.

In Meikyuu, Professor Dave actually introduces more H-scenes in case you didn't have enough.

Hidden Content

Image not available  D :

Already know what you're talking about, though, even though I haven't read Meikyuu.  Some people here were kind enough to tell me and ruin my perception of Professor Dave.

I've been rereading this over the last month or so, with some other VNs mixed in as well. I still like it as much as I used to, but there's something bothering me about it. The idea that people are predictable and formulaic by nature runs through the entire work as an undercurrent. When you read between the lines, it's suggested that all humans lives are simple puzzles with a predetermined set of rules and anyone with sufficient knowledge and experience have the key to solving these puzzles. You see it in great detail in Angelic Howl, and to a lesser extent in Yuuji's narration. All people fit within certain molds that dictate all of their actions and reactions. The message they try to tell isn't to break out of these molds and to lead a life of free will, but to accept that we have no individuality and instead exploit the formulas that make up these molds to find the solutions for our problems.

Even if this is true in part, I still don't like being told this, lol. And I will never accept that this is the full truth.

I also wonder if this is something other people got out of it or if I'm off my rocker here.

I've been rereading this over the last month or so, with some other VNs mixed in as well. I still like it as much as I used to, but there's something bothering me about it. The idea that people are predictable and formulaic by nature runs through the entire work as an undercurrent. When you read between the lines, it's suggested that all humans lives are simple puzzles with a predetermined set of rules and anyone with sufficient knowledge and experience have the key to solving these puzzles. You see it in great detail in Angelic Howl, and to a lesser extent in Yuuji's narration. All people fit within certain molds that dictate all of their actions and reactions. The message they try to tell isn't to break out of these molds and to lead a life of free will, but to accept that we have no individuality and instead exploit the formulas that make up these molds to find the solutions for our problems.

Even if this is true in part, I still don't like being told this, lol. And I will never accept that this is the full truth.

I also wonder if this is something other people got out of it or if I'm off my rocker here.

It might just be the fact that you are rereading it and have time to pay attention to more of the details. 

I didn't feel the same way as you when I read this visual novel and I felt that the characters did break out of their molds in parts of the story.

Like Yuuji in Makina's route where he pushes himself past his limits after he gets gravely injured and still keeps his promise.

Characters in Angelic Howl had their molds broken down by starvation and sickness. They basically reverted back to being animals because they could not keep their sanity.

And even though people are predictable and formulaic by nature, we are still able to show moments spontaneity that exceed these expectations. 

It might just be the fact that you are rereading it and have time to pay attention to more of the details. 

I didn't feel the same way as you when I read this visual novel and I felt that the characters did break out of their molds in parts of the story.

Hidden Content

And even though people are predictable and formulaic by nature, we are still able to show moments spontaneity that exceed these expectations. 

Angelic Howl (Amane route) spoilers

Kazuki spent the whole time analyzing the other students and essentially predicting the future down to every last detail weeks in advance based on the character profiles she established for them. Even the cannibalism was predicted by the end of the first day. What you claim is the dissolution of their characters, the part where they were at their most unpredictable, was something the game was saying was all part of their predetermined fate as foreseen and possibly engineered by Kazuki. Every action they can possibly take, even their most extreme ones, can be predicted and exploited. That was the lesson of Angelic Howl.

This is reinforced casually throughout most of the game by Yuuji's narration. He routinely classifies every character as a specific type and uses this to explain and predict their actions, and sometimes manipulate them. Failure to do so is chalked up to his lack of experience, and not the chaotic nature of humanity.

I'm mostly just bothered because the message is "accept the role laid out for you, don't try to fight it." That the nail that sticks out gets hammered down. The heroine routes can be seen as Yuuji bringing the heroines back in line, reigning in their eccentric behavior and making them fit into their roles in society instead of allowing them to be unique. Makina could have remained as she was and supported herself through the sale of her sculptures, which she occasionally earned good money from, even as a total amatuer. But instead she was encouraged to speak and behave more "normally" and get a normal job. And this is a good thing, according to the game. While I think it's a pretty fucking shit philosophy, lol.

These thoughts just suddenly hit me tonight as I was going through Angelic Howl during my reread, and I couldn't stop getting bothered by it. I thought maybe I could just get it off my chest and forget about it but now I'm just even more bothered by it and have started unprovoked ranting. Great job, me!

Hidden Content

Angelic Howl (Amane route) spoilers

Hidden Content

This is reinforced casually throughout most of the game by Yuuji's narration. He routinely classifies every character as a specific type and uses this to explain and predict their actions, and sometimes manipulate them. Failure to do so is chalked up to his lack of experience, and not the chaotic nature of humanity.

I'm mostly just bothered because the message is "accept the role laid out for you, don't try to fight it." That the nail that sticks out gets hammered down. The heroine routes can be seen as Yuuji bringing the heroines back in line, reigning in their eccentric behavior and making them fit into their roles in society instead of allowing them to be unique. Makina could have remained as she was and supported herself through the sale of her sculptures, which she occasionally earned good money from, even as a total amatuer. But instead she was encouraged to speak and behave more "normally" and get a normal job. And this is a good thing, according to the game. While I think it's a pretty fucking shit philosophy, lol.

These thoughts just suddenly hit me tonight as I was going through Angelic Howl during my reread, and I couldn't stop getting bothered by it. I thought maybe I could just get it off my chest and forget about it but now I'm just even more bothered by it and have started unprovoked ranting. Great job, me!

Damn, I never thought of that before.

Although, the way I see it its just Kazuki being so extremly smart to the point where she doesn't neccesarily predict everyones future directly, but instead consideres every option based on what she knows of the individuals, and concludes that it is likely they will act like that. Pretty standard psychology. She says it clearly, "it might not go down like that". Its just her prediction based of human nature in extreme situations, and what she knows of the people involved. That is also the reason why she concludes that Amane most likely wont do the same, but she still isn't sure. This is probably why she gives it a lot of time before truly concluding it will truly end like that.

The part about Yuuji, is it really that strange that he wants to help chracters get back into whats considered "normality"? The girls are in a very fragile state, mentaly, not to mention that they are essentially blocked off from the "normal" outside world. Helping them back into that normality is a good thing, because the way things were going, they would not be very well off on their own when the graduate. This does not mean that its wrong to be different, but it mearly states that helping them get more into "normal" lives will make it easier for them to choose their own future when they get to that point.

You have a good point, I never even thought of this before, but I personally don't think its that much of a problem. It's primarily just Kazuki analyzing people, and Yuuji attempting to mimick the same behavoir that he clearly learned from his sister. The blunt thruth of it is: humans are extremly easy to predict, especially if you have prior knowlegde about said person.