What makes Grisaia no Kajitsu so great?

starlessn1ght

I cant speak for everyone but personally the MC's personality is one key factor. The translation for the novel is also very well done. It gets very liberal sometimes but in a good way. The story is good but I would agree that it is not amazing. I liked it but it has not become my favorite.

My thoughts:

• It doesn't focus on panty shots, sexual jokes, and embarrassing sex scenes
  • Yuuji acts like a tough guy who doesn't care about the harem situation he is thrust into. He makes witty sexual jokes (with the principal) and treats the girls like they are morons (but in a good way)
  • The girls have a lot of interesting scenes and occasionally act human. The scene where they talk about their sexual desires for Yuuji is such a scene. I felt like a female writer made this scene happen, which is such a rarity in a male focused genre
  • The VN deals with darker themes that always attract readers if done correctly

Just my thoughts.

Ah Grisia, it was the second visual novel I ever read and hot damn did I think it was the best shit ever at the time. Today I truly see how mediocore at best it is. Honestly I think if you replaced Yuuji with any other protaganist Grisaia would be considered pretty bad, he carries the story the entire way. But it was fun to see the way he deals with things, especially when he fights off all 'dem thugs. Go Yuuji! Amane's route was the best imho, because of a certain flashback.

Hilarious common route, decent characters (especially if you don't take them too seriously, Yuuji first), Angelic Howl was cool, Sachi is gold, good writing. I can't say I'm a fan of how Fujisaki writes his stories but gotta recognize it's pretty well executed. 

It doesn't focus on panty shots, sexual jokes, and embarrassing sex scenes

u wot m8

Personally I'm fairly new to the genre and I have only played through a couple of really good ones to date, but for me grisaia no kajitsu (or rather "the Fruit of Grisaia" which I know it as) is one of the better ones. For me though it's the fact that a lot of the behaviour in the VN seems very realistic and goes in to somewhat dark themes at times which really makes me care for the characters somewhat.

I have't finished all the routes yet, but so far I would at the very least put it up among the better ones I have played. That may change in time though (especially since my current mastery of the Japanese language is severly lackluster which hinders me from reading a lot of them), but it really is a well written story.

For me, it's Amane's route. Angelic Howl took me from enjoying a visual novel with fun characters who had mostly above-decent routes to thinking of GnK as exceptional.

Also as Tiag and Down mentioned, the common route was very enjoyable for me, though I know plenty of people thought of it as too long or unfunny even.

It was good, but most of the routes sort of went into really ridiculous bullshit at times.

Like how Yuuji decides blowing up the school is the best way to solve Sacchi's problem, and somehow the principal actually agrees to let him do it. Or how we're just supposed to accept that this person literally shares Michiru's body with her because that person's heart was transplanted into her after the person died... Oh, and let's not forget how Yuuji takes out a moving plane with a frozen turkey in Yumiko's route.

It was good, but most of the routes sort of went into really ridiculous bullshit at times.

Like how Yuuji decides blowing up the school is the best way to solve Sacchi's problem, and somehow the principal actually agrees to let him do it. Or how we're just supposed to accept that this person literally shares Michiru's body with her because that person's heart was transplanted into her after the person died... Oh, and let's not forget how Yuuji takes out a moving plane with a frozen turkey in Yumiko's route.

It's a story of epic proportions. That's all that matters.  :makina:

Also as Tiag 

Need I remind you of what you already know?

The last thing you mentioned was the best moment  :wahaha:

well,I actually liked hscenes(with Yumiko at least)but overall story writing is...ridiculous?Amane route is one very big expection,it felt naturally and very detailed in her flashback.Yumiko route is nice and sweet,but also stupid.Michiru is burned my hate for all tsundere's in the vn's world,oh my gosh she is so annoying.Sachi route is very unlogical.But only for Amane route GnK deserves 8/10 at least.I think that 2nd and 3rd part of that story will be better in storytelling(because of certain character)

After all,this vn's handles emotions ride quite well,have BADASS protag,lovely characters,and good producing quality.Thats all.

One reason I consider it better than some others is because of how the common route is structured. It reminds me of chapters in a story, with each day bringing something new to the table, whether it be character development, plot line or just humor. The individual routes themselves have quite *weird* points in them, which detracts from the game. Hopefully Meikyuu is better.