[PSA] Requesting Feedback & Upcoming Dev Board Changes

Over the coming week there will be various changes to the DevBoards' boards. You may have already noticed some preliminary changes to the titles of your threads in Ongoing Projects (we apologize for the lack of proper warning, they are following the format found here).

One of these changes is the addition of more tags (examples: TLOELVNOngoing) for the Original VN Projects (OELVN's).

We'd like your help in coming up with more tags you believe are important or necessary to your project!

Our current list is as follows:

• Genre - We obviously forgot some important ones, we just don't want too many that won't be used - so suggest your own!

[Fantasy], [Romance], [All-Ages], [Drama], [slice-of-Life], [Otome], [Yuri], [Yaoi], [Action] and [Adventure].

• Others

[Kickstarter] and [Recruiting].

What other tags do you believe to be important? Drop your suggestions here!

Additionally, regarding the changes to come, various Project Leaders and Thread Creators will be contacted via PM in light of this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ah, I actually remember something!

One thing I've noted is that you can't use the devblogs until after you have a thread up - this makes recruiting before making your initial announcement a sort of semi-catch 22, as you need artists to make a strong announcement (As it's certainly stronger than text) but you can't get artists unless you already make an announcement.  I don't know if this is accurate or not but I'm starting to see Fuwa in-general as just as much of a marketing place as it is a solely development place, unlike something like Lemma which is more or less development-specific.

[Mystery] and [Horror] are the only tags that comes to mind, though they have a bit of overlap.  Genre stuff is a complicated subject since more often than not the need to sort things into categories more limits it than it does allows them to move freely.  Just something to keep in note in the event something broader comes along.

Please, for the love of gods, don't use the term "OELVN"; it's completely unofficial and sounds incredibly silly at best. Use the term "EVN" instead.

We've got that sorted. The current tags are OELVN and that's why I put the term up there, but we'll likely utilize "Original VN Project" instead. Not sure what that original entails, but I think it sounds better anyways.

That's good. There's been some complaints about using "English Language VN" to describe a VN project not developed in Asia, because what of those done in Russian? Or French? And so on.

Another option would be to go with "Indie" VN project, because every Original VN project is also an Indie.