Angel Beats

Nashetania

Main reason I don't think there'll be H-scenes is because the VAs of the game likely won't accept it as their name is already on the box (instead of a pseudonym).

There's a lot of popular actresses voicing these characters and I don't think they want their name in a 18+ game.

Some big names include Kitamura Eri (Yui), Hanazawa Kana (Kanade) and Sawashiro Miyuki (Iwasawa).

Unlike Little Busters where all the seiyuus are pretty unknown and likely didn't have their names on the line as much.

Main reason I don't think there'll be H-scenes is because the VAs of the game likely won't accept it as their name is already on the box (instead of a pseudonym).

There's a lot of popular actresses voicing these characters and I don't think they want their name in a 18+ game.

Some big names include Kitamura Eri (Yui), Hanazawa Kana (Kanade) and Sawashiro Miyuki (Iwasawa).

Unlike Little Busters where all the seiyuus are pretty unknown and likely didn't have their names on the line as much.

If anything I find a translation team picking up after all volumes are released to be more plausible since then they already know the full scale of the project (and oh boy is it going to be HUGE).

To put it in perspective: Little Busters! EX has about 100k lines of text, I would say it's likely this could double it or at least add like 50k (common route + 18 routes all together).

I still don't know how this will all work and how the games tie in with each other. I'll see when my game finishes downloading I guess.

I'm pretty stoked, haven't been this excited to read a VN in a while but after the AB! demo I got really hyped.

Please don't ask for torrent links or talk about what visual novels are on what illegal download site on the Fuwanovel forums, that is against the rules.

If that's directed at me, I was actually asking for a link to a place to buy it legally, since it seems like some people in the western hemisphere in this thread have managed to import it from somewhere (LinovaA mentioned waiting for his physical copy to arrive)...

If that's directed at me, I was actually asking for a link to a place to buy it legally, since it seems like some people in the western hemisphere in this thread have managed to import it from somewhere (LinovaA mentioned waiting for his physical copy to arrive)...

You make it sound like some silk road smuggling had to have happened :P Amiami ships internationally, you don't always have to go through a private service (such as Ren's) to import games. I was thinking about preordering a hard copy through them a while back, but decided not

Just as Heizei said above, Amiami ships internationally. I have had it preordered on there since the day they offered preorders. If you want to buy it legally, you can also try: http://www.jlist.com/product/PCG8460

Saw that go up earlier today, so if that interests you can go with that instead of going with Amiami.

Cool, thanks guys! I don't really know where to look for this stuff, especially since I can't read nearly enough Japanese to get buy on the JP-only sites (so, yes, playing the game will be a trial... but I will persevere!), and the my search-fu usually fails pretty hard at it. JList didn't have it last time I looked a day or two ago, but I just saw it there when I checked back, so I picked up a copy from them since I've used them before and it's worked out well. Will definitely check out Amiami in the future.

I posted this in my issues thread but, just so other people can see, ITH does not work with Angel Beats, it crashes the game (at least most of the people report this issue)

ITHVNR however hooks just fine and you don't even need an h-code for it.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/438331-ITHVNR-ITH-with-the-VNR-engine/page2?s=03200a033e213962d4ac5ad51689ca6e

It works the same way ITH does (similar interface) but using different hooking thingies whatever.

Point is, it works and I've tested it myself and can confirm it.

I mean, they're not wrong.

Then they should also put 

Subject of    Life

That won't be wrong either xD

Concerning the H scenes..... I hope not... I want them to focus more on their stories and comedy.

There are bad ends?!  :michiru:

Yup. Ran into at least 6 so far

Man I'm stuck for a while in the bad end after they go fishing... (ep 7)

I think I have to talk more with Tenshi to go through it? Not sure.

Did anyone make it through?

I wouldn't say that one was a bad end but rather a premature ending. You have to be on good terms with Tenshi and just attend class all the time. If you do, Otonashi will go talk to her in episode 7

I wouldn't say that one was a bad end but rather a premature ending. You have to be on good terms with Tenshi and just attend class all the time. If you do, Otonashi will go talk to her in episode 7

Thankfully I managed to go through that with the walkthrough above... but now I'm worried because I arrived on EP 10... I'm trying to do the Matsushita route first (getting the bromance out of the way). But there's no ep 10 on the walkthrough, it stops on 8... I hope it goes well.

Thankfully I managed to go through that with the walkthrough above... but now I'm worried because I arrived on EP 10... I'm trying to do the Matsushita route first (getting the bromance out of the way). But there's no ep 10 on the walkthrough, it stops on 8... I hope it goes well.

You just have to go to all his events on that map thing otherwise you get another premature ending. Same applies with Yui

I actually would rather them not put in H-scenes. I felt the same way about LB. I feel like Key visual novels have such pure stories. Adding sex wouldn't do it any justice imo.

I don't like it when a hscene is shoved in, soley for the sake of it. But, if it fits the mood and situation, I say they go with it - intercourse is just as much apart of relationships as anything else - maybe even more so, depending on the age and hormones. :P

As for purity... that's all dependent on the hearts of the couple, not the act itself. But that's a whole different topic. :)

I posted this in my issues thread but, just so other people can see, ITH does not work with Angel Beats, it crashes the game (at least most of the people report this issue)

ITHVNR however hooks just fine and you don't even need an h-code for it.

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/438331-ITHVNR-ITH-with-the-VNR-engine/page2?s=03200a033e213962d4ac5ad51689ca6e

It works the same way ITH does (similar interface) but using different hooking thingies whatever.

Point is, it works and I've tested it myself and can confirm it.

Hnnnng... play now, or wait for actual Tl....

BTW, I don't know if this problem is only on the version I'm playing but.. is Otonashi voiced? I see the adjustments for his voice on the menu, but I don't hear it on the lines. Just to make sure.

Also for some reason I didn't see the opening...

I don't know about AB, but in other Key novels, the MC had voice acting in the prologue and some parts [Terra route from Rewrite], but in general, they don't. It is that "feel like you're the MC" thing