Angel Beats

Nashetania

It's heeeeeeere (almost)! The most epic VN you'll ever play!

Angel_Beats_1st_Beat.jpg

Now, I created this thread for discussion and such, but I also have several questions.

1) Do you think someone will decide to translate this? And if yes, how long will it take before they will pick it up (hah, you thought I would ask how long it would take to translate, you pleb)?

2) This VN is All Ages version, but is there a possibility that they will add H-scenes? Key is known for releasing both All Ages and 18+ version (nor it's nothing uncommon overall).

3) Iwasawa, Yui or Godan?

4) Let's get a bit ahead of here. Which characters do you want to see/do you think there will be in 2nd beat?

:sachi:

Considering how popular Angel Beats is I don't think a fan TL will take long at all.

As for H-scenes, I'm conflicted on it. They could add to it but they could also ruin it depending on how they implement it. Safer bet is probably all-ages.

Iwasawa

The rest of the band members, I'm interested in their stories. And also the guild of course.

Most epic VN you'll ever play.

Not even out yet.  :makina:

I don't expect too much from it in terms of actual quality. Key is very popular, so I could see someone picking it up a few weeks after release. Hell, maybe they'll even pass the ball to sekai or something.

I would love me some Shiina h-scene action :illya:

Anyway, I have actually had this thing preordered for quite a long time. Pretty excited to play it when it finally ends up coming in. I have high expectations for this... and by the time all of the "beats" are released... I am expecting certain plot holes from the anime to be filled. That would be ideal. ^_^

And again... Shiina h-scenes... those would be ideal too...

1) Yes, someone will pick it up. Current expectation is Sekai Project, but even if it's not them, I find it unlikely that Key isn't looking to partner with someone to bring this to the west. And there are some impatient fan translators who don't give a hoot looking hungrily at it. I think fan TLers will pick it up in spite of the high likelihood of an official release.

2) An 18+ version is theoretically possible but very unlikely in my opinion.

Am I the only one who is really interested in knowing Yusa more?

Also maybe if we are lucky enough, the game will be on Steam (I'm being really optimistic).  :mare:

Is Clannad going to Steam? If it is, and Sekai gets the rights to AB, it will hit Steam.

Clannad is going to be on Steam, and if Angel Beats gets officially licensed (it will), it will appear on Steam as well, it's not at all unlikely. 

I saw Clannad getting on Steam like month ago or so?

Now, when I look, I can't see it anymore. Did they change their mind?

Clannad's translation is not yet finished, so it is not on Steam yet.

considering that not even little busters was released yet (the  ecstasy edition has been stalled for months now for some reason) I doubt angel beats is going to get a fan translation even less an official one..at least not any time soon aka years.

That's just based doki being based doki.

It doesn't apply if some other translation group wants to pick it up.

Though I will say the game is really going to be long so don't expect a translation in the next few years, even if it gets licensed by SP it's going to take its sweet time.

That's just based doki being based doki.

It doesn't apply if some other translation group wants to pick it up.

Though I will say the game is really going to be long so don't expect a translation in the next few years, even if it gets licensed by SP it's going to take its sweet time.