FuwaMagazine Cover Art

Edit: This is the new cover design, version 2:

sM1hPCM.png

A couple of things:

• Obviously, fonts and the color scheme are the biggest thing to consider here. I chose some I thought fit the cover itself, but if anyone has any other ideas, let me know. Remember that too many fonts will make the magazine cover look ridiculous, so keeping a consistent font might be more beneficial
  • The cat girl image on the title is something I was hoping to replace with art from a member of the community. I would love to have an artist who draws a mascot chibi each month that can in some way be featured on the cover of the magazine. These images would not need to be extremely detailed, and anything quickly drawn up would be fine
  • The background image can easily be replaced each month, and I think having new images would be an awesome idea
  • Moving things around is also pretty simple. Anything seem out of place? Adjustments perhaps

Thoughts? This is something I am genuinely serious about, so if anyone has any ideas, let me know what you think.

The only font I don't think looks good is the one used in the "In this issue" headline (it appears to be the same one used for the "June 2015 / Issue 1" text, but that one looks fine considering the text and placement), I'd stick to a non-serif font there.

Otherwise I think this looks really, really nice and professional. Well done!

A couple of changes, but overall I wanted to make sure I balanced the white space properly in the layout. I went with a very simplistic design in the end, providing the information that is necessary to the reader and allowing spots for improvement. I hope this is something that addressed the suggestions given in the thread:

sM1hPCM.png

Thoughts? I can move the placeholder text around as need be. It isn't very centered in this example.