Very strange technical difficulties

Oh, I didn't think about that:

maybe this'll help:
https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/kb/279001/en-us

If not it's probably caused by a missing or damaged .dll (in most cases because of a problem with the windows registry) that's something you should repair with certain programs because doing so in any other way might take hours and cause even more damage. I found a program to repair almost everything, but first try the first method if it doesn't work I#ll give you the link and instroductions on how to download, install and use it (the site and the program don't seem to be avaiable in english)

Well, DirectSound not working kind of makes sense if a third-party driver for your sound card, which you probably have in some way, has been disabled by booting in Safe Mode. Wouldn't think this would be the issue, especially since this seems to be hitting a lot of other programs the guy's using.

Oh, I didn't think about that:

maybe this'll help:

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/kb/279001/en-us

If not it's probably caused by a missing or damaged .dll (in most cases because of a problem with the windows registry) that's something you should repair with certain programs because doing so in any other way might take hours and cause even more damage. I found a program to repair almost everything, but first try the first method if it doesn't work I#ll give you the link and instroductions on how to download, install and use it (the site and the program don't seem to be avaiable in english)

This might be a dumb question or reply, but where do I find "multimedia" I lick start then control panel, but cant find it. Im running windows seven I believe. 

Sorry, I just read that this was written for Windows 98, that wasn't metioned on the english version of the site.

I'll try to find another one.

btw while I'm searching you could chck your directx (directsound is part of that):

Start | Help & support ...and then type in 'Troubleshooting DirectX', choose 2.) of the shown points (at least it's 2.) for me) everything important should be explained there.