Some must play psp games?

Tear When I Poop

So i just got hooked again on my old psp and when i searched the thing called google (god bless), i realized that i've been missing out on some cool games. So i would like to ask you guys for recommendations on the best PSP games out there.

Things that i like :

Action

RPG (RPGs are the best :3)

Adventure

English

Japanese-games-that-are-translated-and-somewhat-interesting (No VNs)

Sneaky-assassin-games

Nice-graphics (Though it's not like it's a necessity i mean it's psp we're talkin about) 

Things i dislike :

Non-translated-games

FPS

Fighting (For example Tekken 6, it's good don't get me wrong but it's not my thing)

Late-game

Racing

Puzzle

And oh i'd be thankful if you include multiple recommendations in your post. Chances are if you're suggesting a famous game, i already played it.

Growlanser Wayfarer of Time is a good game and it definitely fit the criteria, other than that maybe play Yugioh Tag Force series but i suppose that's not your cup of tea. Oh and Fate / Extra is a must

Black Rock Shooter The Game.

ONE OK ROCK's No Scared brought me to the game and yeah i guess it's cool.

Played the translated one btw.

Else i pretty much play untranslated ones.

I'm already playing it, though not sure how good it is. It's been interesting but nothing to get hooked on. Nevertheless i will finish it.

Ah i envy you who can read Jap, i'll try to learn it in my highschool years, which is probably next year or during the summer vacation.

Off-topic I know it takes long but on a side note: How long did it take you and do you have any tips?

Ys Seven 

Valkyria Chronicles II   

Persona 3 Portable

These three are what I consider to be the best games for PSP.

Persona 3, i'm already playing the FES version on my trusty dusty PS2 (It's still alive)

The other two ... Valkyria 2 i expected it to be boring seeing the picture but since i always see it i'll give it a chance i guess.

Ys Seven sounds interesting, thank you.

Growlanser Wayfarer of Time is a good game and it definitely fit the criteria, other than that maybe play Yugioh Tag Force series but i suppose that's not your cup of tea. Oh and Fate / Extra is a must

Why would you assume that? I really enjoy YuGiOh but it's really a pain to get all the cards i want and the deck making system is pretty annoying compared to any PC YuGiOh game.

What about Mana Khemia: Student Alliance?

I'll try that, thank you.

Why would you assume that? I really enjoy YuGiOh but it's really a pain to get all the cards i want and the deck making system is pretty annoying compared to any PC YuGiOh game.

Well, there's always a CwCheat.

And i agree, the deck making system is annoying but not as annoying as AI Partner. :amane:

I'm already playing it, though not sure how good it is. It's been interesting but nothing to get hooked on. Nevertheless i will finish it.

Ah i envy you who can read Jap, i'll try to learn it in my highschool years, which is probably next year or during the summer vacation.

Off-topic I know it takes long but on a side note: How long did it take you and do you have any tips?

I mostly absorb the language from watching anime/drama/JP TV-shows with subs. Before i realized, my daily life are already indulged in Japanese language. Usually when i were to accidentally hit myself against the wall(when i was reading book while walking, nothing serious), i'd react "Ouch!" but later on it became "いって!"

or something similar of pronouncing "Ouch" in Japanese. I do talk to myself a lot in Japanese(weirdo but it helps for me) since i don't really have any Japanese/Japanese-learner friends around me. The main point is, well, IMO is to get used to the language(and use it, doesn't matter if it's incorrect) as much as possible. Once you're indulged enough, you could start learning the language formally much easier than knowing nothing beforehand. It took me around a year of self-study(since there's no Japanese class around my area and internet is the only sources i got) and passed N3 after 6 months of starting it.

Sorry for the off-topic.

On the side note:

1)FFVII : Crisis Core

2)Project Diva 2nd(since you didn't mention about your likes/dislikes in rhythm game and one of those that got me hooked)

I know some of these have already been mentioned, but this is my must play list

Persona 3 Portable (my go to version of persona 3 because of the fact it uses the persona 4 battle engine, also female protag)

Ys SEVEN

Ys: Oath in Felghana (although the pc release is superior)

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC (again, I'd say the pc release is superior)

Project Diva 2nd/Project Diva Extend (these games are the reason I bought my psp, the first game in the series is ok, but doesn't compare to these two, both of which play the same, but have some different songs)

Mana Khemia (it has some performance issues though)

Fate/Extra (It doesn't have the best battle system ever, but I thought it was an enjoyable experience)

Ah speaking of fate/extra, is there a video about all servant-based text? I finished the Game with Caster on Normal the first playthrough. But i don't have enough motivation to do the same things with Archer and Saber. Grinding in that game is way too repetitive. And since the mysteries are now known it's not as interesting as first time.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Well, it's a fightning game, but playing as Final Fantasy's villains feels so good)

Hexyz Force (a translated J-RPG, sadly doesn't have a japanese voice choice)

Phantasy Star 2: Infinity (Tons of customizable things, but I think it doesn't have a translated version)

Riviera: the Promised Land (More like a VN with gameplay, can change between japanese or english voice)

Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection

Lunar... whatever they named the remake of Silver Star Story

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicle (includes Castlevania Symphony of the Night as an unlockable)

I don't know if sneaky assassin games covers Metal Gear games but Metal Gear Peace Walker is amazing and I consider it to be the real 'Metal Gear 4'

Brave Story: New Traveler (though it's painfully easy, it's still a really enjoyable RPG)

Both of the Star Ocean ports (First... something and Second... whatever)

If you're on emulator or downloading your games, Final Fantasy Type-0 has a full English patch. Just go into it expecting something very different from any other FF ever and you should be alright.

Also the lack of recommendations for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is criminal. I don't particularly like the Kingdom Hearts story, but BBS was an interesting new entry that mixed up the playstyle quite a bit.

If you're having trouble deciding where to start, Ys 7 and Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky are far and away the best games on the list. FF0 is a close third, though it has some wonky combat stuff that make the gameplay not quite as enjoyable, though from every other aspect it's a really solid game.

The PSP is actually one of my favorite systems, though being limited to translated games only sadly cuts its library of awesome titles in half :(

Tbh, Valkyria Chronicles 2 is kind of boring, too much farming, too less story.

Valkyria chronicles 3 on the other hand, mixes the good points of Valkyria 1 and 2, has few to non-existent farming, and has...oh guys, many great things. 

No one here has mentioned Jeanne d'Arc? Have we all collectively forgotten one of the best games on the system? It's an excellent SRPG, and is very highly rated.

Also Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is very good, although a better HD version exists on consoles as part of the Metal Gear HD Collection.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (It's in Japanese but there's a 100% translation patch. Just gotta Google it.)

Gods Eater Burst (A more anime-ish, faster paced Monster Hunter)

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Best rpg game I've played on the PSP hands down, the story just easily beats everything else)

Corpse Party (For your dose of horror)

Yugioh Tag Force 6 (For your dose of CARD GAMES. Translation patch floating around somewhere)

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

That's about all I can remember. Have fun!

O,O this summer vacation... is gonna be real busy.

Ah welp i already started Valkyrie Chronicles 3, i'm really enjoying it a the moment.

I'll try the rest when i finish it, starting too many means that i'm not gonna finish any and get bored and throw them away.

I thought of saving Type-0 when i get a PS4 but is it worth?

And if you're a masochist Wild Arms XF is for the tactics RPG fan who wants something a little more... tactical.

You said something real scary somewhere there...

Jeanne d'arc

It sadly didn't work even after trying 6 times.

Hey this may be weird, but i may or may not have played a single Metal Gear Solid franchise (pls don't kill me ;-; ) yet. How good is it? I know it's pretty famous but still never told myself to get it.

While i'm here, i know i said no VNs but is there something on the level of Danganronpa? It would help with my searching

Again, thanks to everyone who helped me ^o^