Fuwanovel "Like" Stats

Flutterz

I was just going to say that you probably need to combine more than 2 sets to get the Simpson's Paradox, guess that explains it. 

Well it was, it was the 2014 set and the 2015 set supposedly.  She just actually forgot to add in Stray's likes, so it inflated your's above his, leading to the appearance of the paradox.

2014+2015 - Likes Given To

y5JX2VB.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I only included people who have liked me more than 5 times.

2014-2015 - Total Likes Received From

UjfNyJY.png

Looks like Senpai didn't notice me. Although I had no idea I "liked" your content as much as I apparently did. 

Looks like Senpai didn't notice me. Although I had no idea I "liked" your content as much as I apparently did. 

Well, I liked yours a total of 8 I think. But I didn't put it in since I cut everyone below 10.  :nervous: I definitely notice you, haha.  I think mostly because we don't really frequent the same types of threads.  You gave me more than 5 likes ^^;  I chose 5, because any higher and there would only be like 1-3 people, lol.

Well, I liked yours a total of 8 I think. But I didn't put it in since I cut everyone below 10.  :nervous: I definitely notice you, haha.  I think mostly because we don't really frequent the same types of threads.  You gave me more than 5 likes ^^;  I chose 5, because any higher and there would only be like 1-3 people, lol.

That's true. We did exchange some interesting Pms, but you can't "like" those. 

Did anyone else notice that "Likes" are like wealth. It's easier to get more the more you already have. xD

Now replace all the data with likes divided by the number of posts :holo:

Here's Likes divided by number of liked posts, because this data doesn't give number of total posts.

1. Mdz, 4.64

2. helvetica-standard, 2.948051948

3. diamond, 2.84

4. ouraibaa-hjyuraa, 2.699140401

5. tay, 2.628482972

6. invertmouse, 2.258823529

7. fiddle, 2.197530864

8. originalren, 2.184357542

9. solidbatman, 2.138702461

10. zakobot, 2.08974359

I call these Premuim liked post makers.  Sadly enough Ouraibaa isn't premium enough to enter the top 3, just like my impression of how Majikoi wasn't premium in any respect.

I really couldn't resist making the joke.

Unsurprisingly though, MDZ, Helvetica, Diamon, Ouraibaa, Invertmouse, Fiddle, and zakobot are all in the top 10, probably because they are all active in some respect in "making" english visual novels, either translation or creation.  I guess the key point here is to get on this list, either be part of the long time fuwa staff, or make a vn in english.  This alone is why I didn't bother to add it to my original post, because I knew it would be uninteresting seeing a list of makers on it.

This literally took me all of 2 minutes to parse from my existing sheet, lol.

Edit: So I managed to sort out the increasing population based on likes, but because I'm being utterly incompetent right now, I can't seem to remember how to check how they might be related.  

Because I am lazy no charts for you. I suck so hard at Excel I failed. I tried  :vinty: 

Likes given to other people. I removed everyone with 1 like.

ouraibaa-hjyuraa  12

stray-cat  12

kurisu-chan  10

ezeefreak  9

originalren  8

rooke  8

nosebleed  8

tiagofvarela  7

solidbatman  7

down  6

kosakifag  6

rose  5

mdz  4

monmon  4

flutterz  4

dimdito  4

nohman  4

eclipsed  4

emi  3

crunchytaco  3

clephas  3

decay  3

asonn  3

zenophilious  3

finalchaos  3

dowolf  2

aniki  2

jun-inoue  2

linovaa  2

tay  2

sanahtlig  2

babiker  2

fruitspunchsamurai  2

kaguya  2

heizei-koukousei  2

nagisa-fawkes  2

iced  2

funyarinpa  2

kendjin  2

madvanced  2

beato  2

havoc  2

katatsumuri  2

rinxd  2

mustkill1234  2

zakamutt  2

Here's Likes divided by number of liked posts, because this data doesn't give number of total posts.

1. Mdz, 4.64

2. helvetica-standard, 2.948051948

3. diamond, 2.84

4. ouraibaa-hjyuraa, 2.699140401

5. tay, 2.628482972

6. invertmouse, 2.258823529

7. fiddle, 2.197530864

8. originalren, 2.184357542

9. solidbatman, 2.138702461

10. zakobot, 2.08974359

I call these Premuim liked post makers.  Sadly enough Ouraibaa isn't premium enough to enter the top 3, just like my impression of how Majikoi wasn't premium in any respect.

I really couldn't resist making the joke.

Unsurprisingly though, MDZ, Helvetica, Diamon, Ouraibaa, Invertmouse, Fiddle, and zakobot are all in the top 10, probably because they are all active in some respect in "making" english visual novels, either translation or creation.  I guess the key point here is to get on this list, either be part of the long time fuwa staff, or make a vn in english.  This alone is why I didn't bother to add it to my original post, because I knew it would be uninteresting seeing a list of makers on it.

This literally took me all of 2 minutes to parse from my existing sheet, lol.

Edit: So I managed to sort out the increasing population based on likes, but because I'm being utterly incompetent right now, I can't seem to remember how to check how they might be related.  

If all goes well I'll update later today with people's official and unofficial post counts and reputations as well as post/thread links.

Quick update, have to go to work in 10 minutes so I might have made a mistake somewhere, but this is the first updated list of likes.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tU8uMSdWAo1dZNyT7h9C5GY0S5oEPL_RuG0U3BVJiDc/edit?usp=sharing
The columns are the same as last time but C is the thread number and D is the full thread ID. To make a link to a post (which I will also add later) do this:

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/XXXX-THREAD-ID-GOES-HERE/?view=findpost&p=YYYYYY

Should be easy enough to do in Excel

For all the flak I caught over not providing a link to the liked post you guys sure didn't care when I did. :makina:

This will hopefully be the last spreadsheet for a while, and I hopefully won't need to run my crawlers until I decide to record post contents as well, which I'll do no earlier than on the weekend. Now I can busy myself with analyzing the data and writing a program which would make looking up some basic stats a breeze. I now have data on each user's official post count, reputation, and join date as well as how many times each user posted in each thread. This stuff isn't in the spreadsheet because it's not directly related to the likes (although if you guys want I can release that too), but later on it will be useful for figuring out a whole bunch of things, such as:

- like/post ratio

- difference between official rep and actual number of likes

- liked posts/total posts in a specific thread, whether globally or by user

- number of likes given/received per day, starting from join date or any other date

Anyway, here's the spreadsheet. I've also updated the link in the OP and deleted the other spreadsheets to reduce clutter.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SLtJc-1Hoq_w9e498zgi9j1f_-8QMyQBPbE4aNK2-Bk/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: fixed a couple of things, turns out not all usernames are one word and 32 bit numbers are limited to ~2 billion, who'da thunk it?

Step 1. Sort by giver name

Step 2. Scroll down until you find the user you're looking for

Step 3. Copy all of the rows that have that user as the giver

Step 4. Create new sheet, paste the rows, delete the links column because they take up a ton of space

Step 5. Select cell K1 and type in "=UNIQUE(J1:J)", the column should change to a list of unique receivers

Step 6. Select cell L1 and type in "=COUNTIF(J1:J;K1)", then copy the cell and paste it to the whole column, the same length as J, you should then have the number of times each user was liked

Step 7. Select both columns K and L, copy them, select cell N1 and pick "Paste values only"

Step 8. Select both columns N and O, go to Data - Sort Range and sort by Column O

Step 9. Select either both columns entirely or just the users with the most likes received, go to Insert Chart and pick whichever format you like (pie charts are nice) and there you have it!

I was thinking more of something along the lines of: 

1. Copy liker column and paste it in a new sheet
  2. Copy Likee column and paste it in same sheet
  3. Select Liker Column, go into data and hit "Remove dulpicates"
  4. Select Likee column, "remove Duplicates"
  5. Copy Likee Column, Special Paste "Transpose", you should now have a ~1.5k x 1.5k table with Likers x Likees
  6. In the first cell of the table:
    =Countifs(Shhet1![LikerColumn],$A2,Sheet1![LikeeColumn],B$1)
  7. Expand Until ends of Sheet.

8. Wait until Excel crashes/recalculates

You now have a table of every single person's count of a like that they have given to another person.  You can now hit Filter table in sort to freely sort this table in a more convenient way.  I would recommend copy and pasting this table as Values only so Excel doesn't attempt to recalculate the numbers every time.

Enjoy! 

Edit: TFW Excel 2010 can't filter by row instead of columns.

Wow, my least favorite Office program and my least favorite subject from senior year, all in one thread. (Thanks statistics!) Anyways, after lots of trial and error...

Likes Given:

Any results that were 2 or less weren't included.

T4igQrs.jpg

Anyone with 3 or less likes wasn't included

wUxi2cX.jpg

c5f6376a69.png

Likes received. 94 Likes all in all. Only included specific names in the chart that liked me 4 or more times. The rest are lumped under others.

e72548e3dd.png

Likes Given. I only counted 5 or above for specific names. The rest got lumped on Others.

Enjoy...

Flutterz-kun is king (All Hail the Pun God)

This seems to be more popular than I thought. Anyone know a good software to create stats.fuwanovel.net with? :P

Say I export a weekly set of data from the forums in CSV or JSON or whatever that we can feed to that software for custom chart creation based upon it?