Request and Poll: Ability to delete posts

Deleting posts  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the ability to delete your own posts?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just be like Clephas and do the whole multiple edits thing for additional thoughts :Kappa:

Edit 1: why 'make a post, redact it, and then potentially editing it back into a previous post'

Edit 2: when you can just edit the previous post; no posting and deleting necessary

Edit 3: unless you want to BUMP, which is as Zaka said an abuse of the system

I see no purpose for this.  You make a post, and it stays there, for continuities sake of the forum.  Removing it, in my opinion, breaks the purpose of the thread itself and leaves it in a state of quite literal shreds. Sure you can edit something into a non content post, but the fact that you posted something remains.

This is why.

I added new content about 10min after my previous post that I wanted one person in particular to see.  If I'd just edited it into the previous post, I couldn't be sure that person (who probably already read the original post) would see it.  Once that person had seen it, I could edit it into the previous post and delete the "notice" (the double post).  That person happened to be you.

This is why they are forums, they are continuous. I see nothing wrong with making a post stating an update, or rather you make a post and spin it into it.  If you were really that bothered, PMs work.

I do this countless times a day, and I for one can't sympathize with the argument.

Merged that double post :sachi:

I get where you're coming from. Quite a few number of users I PM'ed when I ganked or merged a double post of theirs have voiced the same 'I did it to make sure the other guy got the message!@#'. Forums are funny like that.

Honestly, as long as you have something meaningful to add that you happened to forget to include in your first post, feel free to make that double post (though I would still encourage you to just edit your first post). Just don't make it a habit and start double or even triple posting all the time or the hammers will start coming out :makina:

Edit 1: Interestingly enough, even though you made that double post to get my attention again, it apparently didn't work  :kosame:

Edit 2 @ hsmsful below: NB managed 10k without double postings; I'm sure you can do so too. Given time. SoonTM

Merged that double post :sachi:

I get where you're coming from. Quite a few number of users I PM'ed when I ganked or merged a double post of theirs have voiced the same 'I did it to make sure the other guy got the message!@#'. Forums are funny like that.

Honestly, as long as you have something meaningful to add that you happened to forget to include in your first post, feel free to make that double post. Just don't make it a habit and start double or even triple posting all the time or the hammers will start coming out :makina:

But but but how else would I get 20k posts?