Request and Poll: Ability to delete posts

Deleting posts  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the ability to delete your own posts?

This poll is closed to new votes

I insist that it is still because you are a board mod.

My insistence may come from my sleepiness, or from my sudden urge to farm posts. Either way, they are excellent reasons to insist on this matter.

Very well, I shall bestow the forbidden knowledge upon you.

Alt+0173

What you do with this knowledge and if you are even capable of wielding it however, is entirely dependent upon you.

I get the desire to want to delete your own posts, but I like the whole 'think before you post' element that not being able to delete your posts adds to the whole forum experience.

And if anything, just edit your post, or PM your local trusty mod :sachi: if you really regret posting something. Don't fret about the occasional double posts. Shit happens. The janitors will clean it up no problem.

~~

Then again, I also see no problem with letting veteran users (say, 500+ posts for the member title milestone) delete their own posts, outside of 'security loopholes' and other technical issues and/or exploits that may arise from such.

I am terribly against this idea due to my experience with such features in the past and really everyone likes to troll no matter how old or new they are using such feature so giving the feature to people with 1000 posts or 100 likes or whatever (plus we have seen how much people can spam in a short amount of time and get many likes or posts in various occasions :makina: )wouldn't really help. I would rather have it left in the hands of the mods.

So there's no way to make a blank post from a mobile? : <

I am terribly against this idea due to my experience with such features in the past and really everyone likes to troll no matter how old or new they are using such feature so giving the feature to people with 1000 posts or 100 likes or whatever (plus we have seen how much people can spam in a short amount of time and get many likes or posts in various occasions :makina: )wouldn't really help. I would rather have it left in the hands of the mods.

All posters on the Mangagamer and JAST forums have the ability to delete their posts indefinitely with no notification, and nothing catastrophic or abusive has ever happened.  Unless you're implying that the general maturity level here is lower and Fuwans can't handle this arbitrary bit of power?

All posters on the Mangagamer and JAST forums have the ability to delete their posts indefinitely with no notification, and nothing catastrophic or abusive has ever happened.  Unless you're implying that the general maturity level here is lower and Fuwans can't handle this arbitrary bit of power?

Hey Hey don't go and put me in such a place. I am not saying that Fuwans can't handle such a power and no matter who abuses this power, he will just do it once and get bored of it and it's nothing catastrophe. But I just , I just don't wanna see any means of trolling. And is it really that hard to tell a mod in a pm or report your own post in order to get it deleted? I for one don't think that's hard at all. I am not really saying Fuwans can't handle it as much as I don't wanna have any additional ways for people to troll. It's not that trolling is a problem on fuwa but I don't want it to be a problem. I might just be too paranoid if you wanna say so.

Hey Hey don't go and put me in such a place. I am not saying that Fuwans can't handle such a power and no matter who abuses this power, he will just do it once and get bored of it and it's nothing catastrophe. But I just , I just don't wanna see any means of trolling. And is it really that hard to tell a mod in a pm or report your own post in order to get it deleted? I for one don't think that's hard at all. I am not really saying Fuwans can't handle it as much as I don't wanna have any additional ways for people to troll. It's not that trolling is a problem on fuwa but I don't want it to be a problem. I might just be too paranoid if you wanna say so.

Those who would give up Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Those who would give up Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Too much Liberty is not good , you know. And it's not a little temporary Safety at all. In fact, getting to delete ur own posts is not a liberty as much as it is laziness at least for me. 

In fact, getting to delete ur own posts is not a liberty as much as it is laziness at least for me. 

Making a post, redacting it, and then potentially editing it back into a previous post doesn't strike me as lazy.  It's actually less work to post what you wanted to say in the first place (or nothing at all).

Completely disagree with this due to potential abuses, and I'd also consider what you actually want to use it for yourself ("invisibly" bumping) an abuse of the system in and of itself. I see very little benefit in it, and I've made the occasional accidental double post.

Just be like Clephas and do the whole multiple edits thing for additional thoughts :Kappa:

Edit 1: why 'make a post, redact it, and then potentially editing it back into a previous post'

Edit 2: when you can just edit the previous post; no extra posting and deleting necessary

Edit 3: unless you want to BUMP, which is as Zaka said an abuse of the system