FuwaHistory Series: Recounting the birth and tribulations of a Fuwa nation

sanahtlig

Really, it seems that the pimary reason you guys want it up there is because it's interesting. If that's the case, I consider your reasons to be sucky.

Why yes, that's why I consider the issue trivial.  Just as I consider the argument over post deletion to be trivial.  This entire thread was made purely for fun, and people have tried to derail it with personal attacks and pointless venom.  That anyone would threaten to leave the site over this thread (or anything I say, really--I have no actual power!) is simply incomprehensible to me.  I'm perfectly willing to drop the matter, even if others (who won't be named) aren't!

... even if others (who won't be named) aren't!

And the better man would've left it at dropping the matter without that last jab.

Please consider the web archive information the best you're going to get and move on, there's enough other stuff to parody. 

I’d like to point out how amusing and realistic it is, that the thread reminiscing over Fuwa’s past even manages to capture the feeling of drama and angst which has always been a part of Fuwa’s make-up. It makes the sense of nostalgia all the stronger :P

You can't talk about Fuwa's tribulations without speaking about how Fuwa alienated almost the entire Visual Novel community. I wonder where that fits on the timeline XD

Just recalled one of the bigger events on Fuwa which lead to big policy changes, sponsored by yours truly solidbatman: http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/5388-request-removal-of-grisaia-and-planetarian-torrents/

Some theorists say that thread was the birth of all the salt we currently have on Fuwa today.

Many big names dropped by, just like many big names left after the dust settled down.

It truly was a battle of epic proportions.

Muh torrentz

I’d like to point out how amusing and realistic it is, that the thread reminiscing over Fuwa’s past even manages to capture the feeling of drama and angst which has always been a part of Fuwa’s make-up. It makes the sense of nostalgia all the stronger :P

From my point of view, you can't have Fuwa without derail. On that matter...

Really classy.  

Classy_45dbdd_806406.jpg

Was I called upon?

Don't give a flying fuck about being classy. 

How dare you.

----

As for Batman, does the problem still persist if the post is put on the blog as an old post - as if it were there all along?

Just as I cannot see any justifiable reason to not have it there if it affected absolutely nothing in regards to blog users, by the same logic, I don't see any reason to put it there if it's possible to mimic or access the original outside of the blog.

It is not a new issue. Further discussion is not likely; one could say the proverbial horse has already perished. Meaning that this addition would only benefit the one in a million that will go snooping around the blog archives for no good reason and, apparently, sanahtlig.

Assuming it is possible to access/mimic the original completely through other means, that is.

That thread was what started a bunch of discussions regarding how we handle pirate links on the forum and it even led to Steve quitting as admin.

It also sparked a huge debate on Fuwa's policies and motto.

Some of the most impressive walls of text are in there. This is what people can do when you take their pr0nz away :makina:

/topic/10673-fuwahistory-series-recounting-the-birth-and-tribulations-of-a-fuwa-nation/?p=303333">FuwaHistory Episode 6: The Fuwan Civil War - The Buccaneers' Last Stand at Grisaia

One of my best pieces on the role of fan translation and the need to support official localization was in that thread.  It was none other than solidbatman who prompted me to post there, as I'd originally intended to stay silent on the issue.

I'm with Sanahtlig on this one. Archiving and preserving Fuwa's history seems important to me. Some people may heavily disagree with Aaeru and view her leadership as a low point in this site's history, but we wouldn't be where we are now without her contributions.

In many ways Aaeru did revolutionize the western VN community. She separated herself from other communities (notably TLwiki I believe) and started something new, and this site is a result of that something new. Understanding Fuwa's history is important in understanding how the broader western VN community has changed over time; at least in my view.    

The only reason you want it displayed is because you were a part of it. All I feel like I see you do is promote your stuff. You could care less about it being Fuwanovel's history. You simply want people to see that oen time you went toe to toe with the mighty stupid Aaeru and won. Your track record of always whining when something you want promoted doesn't display right proves that.

I agree with other posters, this thread might as well be called sanahtligs Fuwa History.

You honestly don't seem to know Sanahtlig very well if you're saying that. While Sanah does like promoting his content, he puts out content worth reading. Furthermore, he's been involved with the VN community for over a decade, making him plenty qualified to talk about the history of the western eroge industry as a whole, or just specifically about this site. He's one of the few people in this community who has been around for a long time, knows what he is talking about, and genuinely treats his passion seriously. If the cost for having such a valuable member is simply him self-promoting his work; than it's worth tolerating his justified desire for attention.     

They're pretty civil. It was a callout that was well deserved.

Kaguya's post was in response to a post by solidbatman that described explicit homosexual intercourse between participants in this thread.  I reported it (because it was crude and uncalled for), and the post was subsequently removed.

...in case you were interested in context.

56060764.jpg

I found it pretty interesting to learn about the stuff that happened and people that were around before I joined up or when I was inactive.  Never even heard of meru or harry_kinomoto before.  Then again, I was kinda inactive after I joined, since there was all of Katawa Shoujo that I could run natively on my Mac desktop  >.<

I started a Fuwa Timeline template in Google Docs.  Add events in any order, using my entry regarding the Da capo 3 C&D as a guide.  For the time being, only enter events that were significant moments in Fuwan history that would be worth recounting to new members.  Enter a primary source url when available for further information on the subject.  Events may be listed that aren't codified as "episodes".

See the template source if you're curious how the timeline visual is generated (the visual is generated using html that can be hosted anywhere that supports html code).  If someone wants to host the visual, we'll be able to see changes in real-time (and I could link it in the OP).

I am one warning point from a perma ban 

Kaguya's post was in response to a post by solidbatman that described explicit homosexual intercourse between participants in this thread.  I reported it 

Wait... So does that mean Batman is banned now? I'll miss his presence and sarcasm. 

Troll-face.png

On a serious note. I feel Steve's resignation was an important event. With his resignation, the last loyal knight serving the old regime left; allowing Fuwa to move in a direction completely unhindered by previous ideologies. It was also a sad day for all Loli lovers on Fuwa.

Wait... So does that mean Batman is banned now? I'll miss his presence and sarcasm. 

Troll-face.png

On a serious note. I feel Steve's resignation was an important event. With his resignation, the last loyal knight serving the old regime left; allowing Fuwa to move in a direction completely unhindered by previous ideologies. It was also a sad day for all Loli lovers on Fuwa.

Not banned. Just decided I didn't care to see anymore (Nay edit: seriously? You did not just... I don't even...) ego stroking.