Team

Project Leader - CryingWestern

Translator: - Jaefine(MIA) - Ruby(MIA)

Editor - Eldritch

TLC - N/A

Hacking - CryingWestern

Looking for translator/s

Looking for TLC/s

*At this current time, I'm unable to get in-contact with the translators. So whether they are too busy at the moment is unknown. I will probably know more later. This project has stopped until I can find more or and get in-contact with the others.*

Q/A

Q: Aren't you doing this on your blog?

A: I hardly use my blog, only for script uploads.

Q: Can I help translate this?

A: If you can pass a small test, then maybe... if we aren't to full....

Q: Isn't this being done by Crying Translations?

A: I'm not even going to come close to answering that.

Q: When's the next Patch going to be released?

A: Still deciding on that, I'm probably not going to release another one until the TL is finished.

Q: What happened to the Prologue/Day1 patch?

A: I've removed it for a few reasons and no I'm not uploading another one until the project is complete.

Edited by CryingWestern

Wow, someone's actually working on a Black Cyc game?  If I recall correctly, JAST approached them years ago but negotiations fell through because Black Cyc's game engine had compatibility issues.  Might've seen some of their games in English now otherwise.

I would recommend approaching Black Cyc or an English publisher to see if they could be reasoned with.  The engine issues that held back negotiations back then might no longer be insurmountable.

Wow, someone's actually working on a Black Cyc game?  If I recall correctly, JAST approached them years ago but negotiations fell through because Black Cyc couldn't / wouldn't demosaic the games.  Might've seen some of their games in English now otherwise.  Kind of ironic that years later fans are picking up one of their titles to do a mosaiced release.  :P

I would recommend approaching Black Cyc or an English publisher to see if they could be reasoned with.  Mangagamer might be willing do a mosaiced release.  JAST has wavered on its mosaic position lately, so it's possible that door may have reopened as well.

I won't do such a thing at the moment, i'm not against the idea or anything, it's more the case the translation won't be at their standards.

I won't do such a thing at the moment, i'm not against the idea or anything, it's more the case the translation won't be at their standards.

Oh dear.  Um, well... I'm not sure how enthused I am about a fan translation of a title where the Japanese developer has shown an interest in the English market in the past.  An unauthorized project could actually kill the not insignificant chance of an official professional-quality release.

This is a dilemma that deserves more attention and further debate.  This is one of those fringe cases where Mangagamer's official statement may hold true--fan translation might actually do more harm than good.  And since the company may still be interested in English releases, there's a fairly decent chance you'll get C&D'd eventually (as you could be seen as interfering with their right to monetize their IP).

(as you'll be seen as interfering with their right to monetize their IP).

At the moment, I'm not interfering with anything, if they announce that they are working on this game before i release a full-patch, then i'll stop immediately. If anything the only current work that has been done is the translation nothing else, nothing has been added to the script files just the translation of the texts. So if anything, the only thing i can get stopped for is that small patch that i made... even that needs to be re-done. so pretty much, i've got nothing for them to attack me on... beside that small patch (too insignificant to do anything).

And if anything i would prefer this game to have an offical translation, but nothing has come about...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I double-checked the quote from 2009, and apparently the issue that prevented JAST from reaching a deal with Black-Cyc was engine compatibility issues.  GIGA was the company that refused to do a non-mosaiced release... otherwise we might have gotten Baldr Sky by now.

New info on the Nitro+ front, he told me they are in fact already working on NITRO+ROYALE a 2d fighting game. http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=453485
Bad news for those hoping for a Black Cyc deal, they were apparently involved in talks but it broke down when Black Cyc had some issues with their own engine.
At one point in time they were going to get the game Kingdom, by GIGA, but just before they finalized things they were told the game had to be released with mosaics in place still. Apparently a lot of companies are still wary of the English market.
Sadly they haven't had talks with Alicesoft and somehow I forgot to bring up Eushully. :(

https://web.archive.org/web/20150224011419/http://forums.jastusa.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6303&sid=acf6f028e7a0b16298f51ee8a6b68c57

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...