Rose Guns Days Art ~style~ talk

Silvz

Guys, I was wondering about the different art styles in Rose Guns Days. As you know, some of the sprites are drawn by Ryukishi - at least the scratchs, since the final quality is better than his other works.

But, I'd like to know more about it, since that is the only info that I have. Did he ever speak about it? Or why did he only drawn some specific characters? And who did the others?

If you know, please comment <3

Edit: Just as a curiosity, I like his style, but I'd like to see more quality to the drawings. This new work of him, the trian thology, has that girl's sprite similar to previous works, not as RGD's - like Madam Jeanne and Wang.

Alll Ryukishi07 did on RGD is the character design, some other artist did the actual sprite work. None of the sprites in the game are R07's doing. Trianthology is all R07's doing, they're not hiring another artist for that like they did with RGD. Trianthology is really the best he's capable of on his own. 

Okey, so he designed all characters, but why some of them - Jeanne, Claudia, Wang, and some minor characters had so bad sprites? Like, a "geral marchant" sprite is terrible, and doesn't follow the style from the rest of the game, you see?

What it looks like is that he draw those specific characters and the good ones were done from scratch from another person

Or did they pay for a bad artist to draw these characters that I listed? o.o

There were multiple artists at work on RGD that's right. But it doesn't feel out of place since the coloring is very well managed and can associate all of the characters.

And personally, I find RGD to be quite gorgeous, far more than the average VN anyways.

Ryukishi07 did Claudia the potato girl, 'Crazy' Alfred Akagi, Old Jeanne Amakawa, Maurice Monobe (expy of Higurashi and Umineko's Okonogi), James Tomitake (expy to Tomitake Jirou from Higurashi), Old Wayne Uedera, Wang Yuanhong, Tequila Matoba, and all the grunt mafias, around 10 or so different sprites.

Souichiro, one of Umineko manga adptation artist, draw Rose Haibara, Richard Maiougi, Stella Maiougi (expy to Rika), Meryl Tanashi (this one was drawn with different style in purpose, also expy in name to Higurashi Miyo Tanako), Caleb Keireiji, Miguel Kurashiki, Julie Hayashibara, and Rapunzel.

Jirou Suzuki, another guy who draw Umineko manda adaptation, draw the supreme badassery incarnation Leo Shishigami, Battler expy Capt. Phillip Butler, Lee Meijiu, Alan Aramaki, Lee Meixue, and Gabriel Kaburaya (may this whitehaired bastard's soul be damned in hell several times over).

Jirou Suzuki has quite a distinct art style, with those thin limbs in his drawing. But the one he draws always came out real handsome/pretty. I mean, like, REALLY.

An artist named Yaeko Ninagawa draws young Wayne Uedera, Cyrus Saimura, Amanda Amamiya, and Toratsugu Uedera.

An artst named Nana Natsunishi who also draw an adaptation of Rose Guns Days in the form of manga, draws Oliver Oribe, Charles Chatani, and Keith Kisaragi. An artist named Yuuji Takagi draws NIna Ninagi.

Hinase Momoyama, the one who drawn Umineko and Higurashi manga adaptation, draws :heart::heart::heart::heart: Xiao-Lan :heart::heart::heart::heart: the Supreme Moe Chinese Loli Assassin (also named Lee Meilan in the credit), and also Young Jeanne Amakawa.

Lastly, Higasa Akai draws Sun Zilong.

I think that's about all of them.

Edited by Down
7 posts in a row, must be a record

Yeah a lot of artists actually worked on it, but Ryukishi can't just make something without at least drawing 1 thing himself (lol). Probably because people didn't praise Rose Guns Days enough! He decided it must have been the art and decided to go back to his own drawings for the new project. :D

Gabriel Kaburaya (may this whitehaired bastard's soul be damned in hell several times over).

Wow, there are a lot of artists. Funny thing is that, besides the Ryukishi ones, I couldn't find any differences between the art styles. But I have to say, besides Miguel - which is the most good looking at all, Jirou's sprites are the best. Except Butler, who has a strange head haha

MAN GABRIEL IS A PIECE OF CRAP. I cried a lot in the funeral scene, a real lot. And them, Richard....... seriously, I just didn't stop playing it because I want to know what happened to Rose.

Yeah a lot of artists actually worked on it, but Ryukishi can't just make something without at least drawing 1 thing himself (lol). 

20140617154516_ed71773d.jpg

Also, it's great how many [the same] artists worked on it. Especially, I was surprised when I heard about some artists that early had been working on WTC manga adaptation. I knew there were a lot common artists in Umineko and Higurashi mangas, but I didn't expect to see them here.