Tools for dealing with .xp3

Hello!

I am currently playing Sanoba Witch(Aka Sabbat of the Witch https://vndb.org/v16044) and so far the story is really fun and interesting! I have had this thought for a while now and decided that it might be a good and fun time to try translating this now as I have little to nothing planned for summer break.

My problem for right now is I cannot find a tool to extract the script out of. I tried both insani's tools, and Crass but either would either give me no files or no files and an error.

I want to ask now if anyone has a full set of tools for this game that works? (ie Extracter and repack)

Thanks!

data extraction thread. next.

This would be helpful except you just skimmed over the part where I said I pretty much used all the xp3 tools that was listed there but all could not extract the files for some reason.

https://www.mediafire.com/?i4sj49df6l71y9f

Usage is "Sanoba.exe [-e/-c] [infile/infolder]"

-e: extract the given .xp3 into a folder with its name.

-c: compile all the files in a given folder into foldername.xp3

What you want to do is extract scn.xp3, and patch.xp3. Make a new folder called patch2, and for each file you edit (use the patch file if it exists, as they're newer), then just copy it into patch2, and you can compile the folder.

The scenario files themselves are PSBs. This tool only deals with the .xp3. I'm pretty sure there are PSB editors around, they should work. I'm not really going to make one of those myself.

VNfx2yt.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/?i4sj49df6l71y9f

Usage is "Sanoba.exe [-e/-c] [infile/infolder]"

-e: extract the given .xp3 into a folder with its name.

-c: compile all the files in a given folder into foldername.xp3

What you want to do is extract scn.xp3, and patch.xp3. Make a new folder called patch2, and for each file you edit (use the patch file if it exists, as they're newer), then just copy it into patch2, and you can compile the folder.

The scenario files themselves are PSBs. This tool only deals with the .xp3. I'm pretty sure there are PSB editors around, they should work. I'm not really going to make one of those myself.

VNfx2yt.jpg

EDIT: binaryfail fixed the ID problem for me, thank you! Use binaryfail's tool instead of this one if he has one.

Many thanks! I haven't yet tried the tools yet but this seems to just be what I am looking for. 

I'll spend a good amount of time getting used to this and then start on this project. Hopefully I'll have a good amount of progress done in the summer so I can see this complete throughout