PETA statement about cat girls

Guest -Shizuku-

I don't see how targeting anime would serve PETA's cause in the slightest.  I'm no fan of PETA, but even I recognize a strawman when I see one.  Recognizing and understanding the position of your opponent is key to intelligently disarming them.  Otherwise you end up sounding like just another partisan idiot.  I classify this "reputation" PETA seems to have under aforementioned "preexisting biases".

I loved the part in the Scare Tactics video when the PETA guy urged for them to leave and come back with guns to shoot the "ratman" that popped out.  The question everyone should be asking is why I called BS on the OP yet feel reasonably sure that the ratman video was real. :P

I don't see how targeting anime would serve PETA's cause in the slightest.  I'm no fan of PETA, but even I recognize a strawman when I see one.  Recognizing and understanding the position of your opponent is key to intelligently disarming them.  Otherwise you end up sounding like just another partisan idiot.  I classify this "reputation" PETA seems to have under aforementioned "preexisting biases".

Attention.  Attention, attention, attention.  It seems to be more important to them than money.  One of the founders was even quoted saying that it is PETA's obligation to be "press sluts".  Making stupid flash games smearing Pokemon and Mario doesn't really serve PETA's cause, but they did it anyway.

Attention.  Attention, attention, attention.  It seems to be more important to them than money.  One of the founders was even quoted saying that it is PETA's obligation to be "press sluts".  Making stupid flash games smearing Pokemon and Mario doesn't really serve PETA's cause, but they did it anyway.

Activist groups almost by definition are attention hungering.  I wouldn't hold a dumb attention grab against them unless they actually argued that Pokemon / Mario actually promoted real-life cruelty to animals.

• 3 weeks later...