Ikusa Megami Zero: A project?

Sorry for posting in a dead thread but is this project still alive?  If it is/still needs help I can help out as an editor, and after finishing this game do you plan on translating other Eushully games?  Most of their games are really good but only have interface patches (which are more often than not wrong/not enough to complete quests).

@dreamedfire, dont think its alive anymore. theres one guy on nekohen who´s currently translating it, think he finished 5-6 chapters, but i´ve no idea how the quality is.
but regarding eushully games, maybee you can ask these guys from the Madou Koukaku project:

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/6474-madou-koukaku-translation-project/
http://dyjtranslation.blogspot.de/

no guaranty if they´re going to respond, thougth

@dreamedfire, dont think its alive anymore. theres one guy on nekohen who´s currently translating it, think he finished 5-6 chapters, but i´ve no idea how the quality is.

but regarding eushully games, maybee you can ask these guys from the Madou Koukaku project:

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/6474-madou-koukaku-translation-project/

http://dyjtranslation.blogspot.de/

no guaranty if they´re going to respond, thougth

I question the translations Nekohen is doing, plus i really don't like them.

• 1 month later...

ushoran from Nekohen is translating Ikusa Megami Zero. At the moment a partial patch is available which translates the prologue and chapters 1-7. The translation isn’t perfect and needs proofing but I’m enjoying it so far.

Here are some links in case anyone's interested:

Nekohen - Ikusa Megami Zero: english and interface patch
Hongfire release thread

"Patches:
Dialogue (prologue and chapters 1-7) translated by ushoran
bg0-dia-v132.zip 2.7 MB
English interface by er0gamr
bg0-int-v118.zip 5.8 MB
All items, names, locations and other text by zoltanar
bg0-text-v120.zip 1.9 MB

Installation:
1. Install Ikusa Megami Zero (戦女神ZERO)
2. Install the Ikusa Megami Zero Append disc (戦女神Zero アペンドディスク)
3. Install the 2.01 update
4. Backup AGERC.DLL and the BIN and AGF files in the games folder
5. Unrar the 3 downloaded zip archieves and paste the combined contents into your game folder

Credits:
ushoran : scripts Translator
zoltanar : text Translator
er0gamr : Interface Translation
Asmodean & SaintLouisX: Tools"

I don't like that they're using the tools I gave out either (I'm SaintLouisX on HongFire), because they're using machine translations and then posting 500 versions through cash-grabbing links. Don't like that I enabled that.

Sorry to hear about that. I can understand why you'd be upset. The links I posted are all clean (no cashlinks), but I'll remove the post if its bothering you? From what I understand the prologue and chapters 1-7 portion by ushoran is supposed to be properly translated, as in not machine translated. But as I don't know Japanese it could be a rewrite for all I know.

No, the links are fine, as long as they're not going through cash-grabs. When er0gamer first asked me for the tools and how to use them, it was for La DEA, and he was just doing machine translations, and he pushed out SO many versions. Like 5 a day with the tiniest changes, just to get people to go through his cash links for every "version," that's what really pissed me off.

Since then other people joined and started doing some of it manually, which is good, but he still annoyed me right from the start. Eushully is I think my favourite VN company, so I'm entirely in favour of their games getting translated. Sell it to a publisher, take donations for your work sure, just don't force people through cash links for a download link. If they just changed their delivery method a bit I wouldn't have any problems with them. I held back releasing the tool updated for Rhapsody because of that, but Rhapsody didn't add very much, so nearly all the files were decompilable anyway, and so it seems they're doing Rhapsody too.

No, the links are fine, as long as they're not going through cash-grabs. When er0gamer first asked me for the tools and how to use them, it was for La DEA, and he was just doing machine translations, and he pushed out SO many versions. Like 5 a day with the tiniest changes, just to get people to go through his cash links for every "version," that's what really pissed me off.

Since then other people joined and started doing some of it manually, which is good, but he still annoyed me right from the start. Eushully is I think my favourite VN company, so I'm entirely in favour of their games getting translated. Sell it to a publisher, take donations for your work sure, just don't force people through cash links for a download link. If they just changed their delivery method a bit I wouldn't have any problems with them. I held back releasing the tool updated for Rhapsody because of that, but Rhapsody didn't add very much, so nearly all the files were decompilable anyway, and so it seems they're doing Rhapsody too.

Yeah I'm a 100% in agreement with you. I really enjoyed Kamidori Alchemy Meister and have been looking for a visual novel/rpg hybrid (in english) to play since. It'd be great to see more of Eushully's games get translated.

Another thing is at the moment, they've been trying to get us (Rhapsody TL team) to work with them... and so far it's just been them complaining.

you mean the paranoidal suprise attack out of nowhere, implying that projects on fuwa are a non safe way to go (claiming that happened to all former attempts) & will get sued directly by eushully....

edit: still awaiting some conclusive evidence

edit2: just because some group drops their tl-project, then dissappears into nothingness & wont respond to any attempts contacting them, does NOT necessarily mean they got busted & guantanamozised by anyone.

Sorry to hear about that. I can understand why you'd be upset. The links I posted are all clean (no cashlinks), but I'll remove the post if its bothering you? From what I understand the prologue and chapters 1-7 portion by ushoran is supposed to be properly translated, as in not machine translated. But as I don't know Japanese it could be a rewrite for all I know.

Having just played the first 3 chapters out of curiosities sake, I can tell you its pretty much really heavily edited MTL.  This doesn't bother me nearly as much as it should, but at least the game is legible.  There are a few spots where it really shows the MTL, but for the most part it's in average english.  

Ikusa Megami Zero contains a ton of narrative with high informational content.  I played Ikusa Megami Zero via machine translation, and it's certainly possible to enjoy it that way without missing much information-wise, but an understanding of the female voices doesn't really add all that much.

I'm just confused about the seeming contradiction in your post.  Saying something has high informational content would lead me to believe that a lot of meaning would be lost in machine translation.

On the contrary, technical writing with clearly stated information and a formal sentence structure is what machine translation excels at.  Vague language, humor, and style are what don't machine translate well; these elements are very common in dialogue, especially colloquial dialogue.  Machine language is going to fumble at anything that requires context outside of the sentence to understand.

Well i've got the translations here for it that was done by Clephas and his team. Though, don't really have anyone to finish it off.

Well this here is right from the beginning of the game and sorry even with my shit tier level english its not tolerable.

faxTTSl.jpg30GMQLl.jpgltOVYlK.jpg