FFVII Remake

sdarkpaladin

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-have-more-work-done-to-its-story/

I'm glad it's not just a 1:1 remake and they're actually going to expand on it. It'd be nice if they included elements from some of the other FF7 universe games to flesh out some parts of the story. It wasn't until I played Crisis Core that I really appreciated FF7s plot, so it'd be nice if they worked in more elements of Zack's story into the main game.

I did not pay 1000 for my pc to buy a console. Step up your game Sqeenix, exclusives are a sin.

A studio who hasn't made a good RPG for a long time releases a statement saying "the good old days are coming back" and then triumphantly waves a few pieces of concept art? I'd wait a while before getting my hopes up ;)

This remake is almost certainly coming to XBox One and possibly PC as well.

Anyways, everyone knows the real reason to buy a PS4 is Persona 5. 

edit: Yes, I know there will be a PS3 version but I am a big enough fanboy to want to get the best possible version.

I don't have a PS3 either. I've actually gone console-free for the last 8 years. I'm probably going to scrounge up some dough for a new console later this year. I've thought about going cheap and getting a PS3, but I dunno man, seems like an odd time to get one now.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-have-more-work-done-to-its-story/

I'm glad it's not just a 1:1 remake and they're actually going to expand on it. It'd be nice if they included elements from some of the other FF7 universe games to flesh out some parts of the story. It wasn't until I played Crisis Core that I really appreciated FF7s plot, so it'd be nice if they worked in more elements of Zack's story into the main game.

I agree. 

I actually liked Crisis Core way more than FF7, the only interest I have in this remake is due to that prequel.

I am looking forward to the remake (on PC), but I'm also calling it now: Lightning will show up somewhere in the game because the dudes at sqenix need to put that little shit into every FF ever from now on

Let's hope I'm wrong about this^^

I am looking forward to the remake (on PC), but I'm also calling it now: Lightning will show up somewhere in the game because the dudes at sqenix need to put that little shit into every FF ever from now on

Let's hope I'm wrong about this^^

To be fair, how many games has Cloud been in? It's a pretty good amount.