Is there any anime at all where protagonist uses sword and shield?

shield and sword I don't know but sword you have claymore and berserk, both of them are really good (not very realistic :P)

Ptagonist? Is that some sort of pterodactyls?

you know there are people out there that write like this because they have dyslexia, just so you know :)

shield and sword I don't know but sword you have claymore and berserk, both of them are really good (not very realistic :P)

you know there are people out there that write like this because they have dyslexia, just so you know :)

That bit about dislexia is a bit mean in it´s own right, but yeah. Hey I am not mad or anything, lets just laugh it off :D.

Um.....i dunno bout protag except Queen blade.

most of protag just use sword or 2hnd sword these day.

That´s so friggin lame...

EDIT: Just looked up the queen blade and...well...uh....

Not to sound ungrateful or anthing but It kiiiiiiiiinda loooks a bit like hentai. What I seek is more like if Dragon age was anime...

Its a...well let just say got lots n lots of excessive fan serive, its not hentai though.

Well i know what u mean but even so its pretty rare to find a protag usin a shield for whole series.

in the games however..... 

I checked on Lodoss War, which (being a story based on a D&D campaign some Japanese writers did) is pretty much the most classical Western fantasy of all animedom and... nope, Parn just has a sword.

However! There is ONE anime that I know of that actually legit has a sword-and-board protag, which is Tower of Druaga/Druaga no To. It's mostly a comedic send-up of lots of Japanese RPG cliches, but it's still a decent show and it is literally the only fantasy anime I can think of where the protag uses a shield with his sword.