shenmue 3 - make it happen!

XReaper

The Yakuza games are only nominally similar to Shenmue. Shenmue was much more of an adventure game with a few combat sequences. Shenmue was all about being a weird life simulator on top of everything else, really trying to immerse the player in the day-to-day life of Ryo on his quest. 

$2 million is totally a fake goal. This Kickstarter campaign reeks of being an elaborate advertising campaign and are being primarily funded by outside funds. I am interested in Shenmue 3, but they're really choosing an odd way of going about this.

@bookworm, there´s always monseur emulator left.
though them going through kickstarter is indeed abit odd, i´m totally stunned by the fact how much its still popular after over 14 years now, seeing how them numbers climbing so far.

@bookworm, there´s always monseur emulator left.

though them going through kickstarter is indeed abit odd, i´m totally stunned by the fact how much its still popular after over 14 years now, seeing how them numbers climbing so far.

It's the power of nostalgia. These are all gamers who were around playing games when Shenmue 1 came out. 

i lost my godamn shit when i realized it was shenmue 3.  

That's probably the first time i've been legit shocked from e3.  This is probably going to go down as the quickest funded 7 figure kickstarter ever.

So many people had a nostalgia blast of "seeegaaaa" playing in their head when they saw that title.  Don't deny it, you know you did. I certainly did.

not really, it's hard to describe shenmue, yakuza does have some similarities, like how you can roam around the world, do mini games, the combat style where you start in this mini scenario and have to fight a lot of dudes, but that's it. Shenmue is more like a daily life simulator in a sandbox world, you need to find a job, go to sleep at some time, rent a room, go to stores and buy random things, play video games, talk to random all the random people in the world about your quest or things..etc etc, there is an actual timer in the game and the weather and people will change and behave depending on that, there is no other game similar to shenmue.

Yakuza is like 67% combat, 33% exploration/adventuring. Shenmue is like 95% exploration/adventuring, 5% combat. With a heavy emphasis on the player living out the main character's daily life. But Yakuza clearly got some inspiration from Shenmue. 

^yep, it's all about immersion and living in that world, not fighting, in fact you spend more time training than actually fighting in shenmue.

The face of ryo is kinda weird...

btw http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/if anyone wants to track the progress of this project (and no it wont reach 23m like is says there :P )

same.  Now if only gaben could get his fat ass in gear and finish his trilogy and stop focusing on fucking hats....

thing is gabe has more money to make hl3 than he needs to...

if he ever use kickstarter to found any of his game that would be very pathetic and unethical to say the least..

He conceived it as a 16 part story. The first two games constituted 4 of those 16 parts. So either he makes major cuts to the story, or this isn't the last entry. He probably wants to continue cashing in on Shenmue so expect the latter.