Help, Grisaia no Kajitsu won't open

The game was saved in my hard drive, and I usually play it in my old laptop. When I try to open it in my new laptop [windows8.1] this message seems to pop up even after running the recommended settings, and setting system locale to japan.

Boot error                                         [x]

The game was not properly installed. Please re-install the game.

[OK]

After trying the game again in my old laptop, it seems to be working fine.

Is there anyway I can fix this and play it in my new laptop and keep the save files?

Because I really like keeping my favorite scenes/part of the scenes in the save file slot so I can easily view them again after some time.

TIA.

You can't just move it from one PC to another, it needs to be reinstalled so it can create the proper registry entries.

I don't know about you guys but I always played Grisaia in various computers without ever installing the game. All you need is the full japanese game setup (it's recommended to get it legally) and TLwiki's english patch. Just apply the patch and when prompted choose your setup folder and voila, you could play Grisaia just fine. I have never played it in Windows 8 though.

I guess you could try reinstalling the game to the new one and copy the save files.

If the save files are not in the hard drive then i guess they are on the old laptop, normally between the documents or in the appdata folder.

what's the usual name of the save files in folders. TIA

To all those who replied thanks also. GLM4475 - what I got was the old fuwanovel copy btw.

what's the usual name of the save files in folders. TIA

To all those who replied thanks also. GLM4475 - what I got was the old fuwanovel copy btw.

You're welcome, you might as well try it too, and maybe you could play without installing. If I'm not mistaken, there are several numbered folders you got from Fuwa's copy, right? In the third folder the patch from TLwiki should be included too. Try to apply that patch to the first folder (setup folder).

GnK's save data could be found in My Document/Frontwing/Grisaia no Kajitsu or C:\Users:\(whatever your username is)\AppData\Frontwing\Grisaia no Kajitsu

I don't know about you guys but I always played Grisaia in various computers without ever installing the game. All you need is the full japanese game setup (it's recommended to get it legally) and TLwiki's english patch. Just apply the patch and when prompted choose your setup folder and voila, you could play Grisaia just fine. I have never played it in Windows 8 though.

That's what "reinstalling" means mate.

That's what "reinstalling" means mate.

Hmmm, I see. That's certainly true. But I mean some translation patches need you to install to game first before you can apply them, but that's not the case with TLWiki's Grisaia patch, so even without installing the game first, you could just apply the patch.

I have actually copied full games to a flash drive and copied them to another pc. The game played with no problems. In other words, there was no install, just copy and transfer files. If your flash drive is fast enough, you can actually play off that.