Subahibi translation completed now editing is all that remains

douggle

like peter payne stated himself "muramasa" is his companies ultimate goal as a game worth to be licensing, so i highly doubt they´re letting others take away their candies

Muramasa is on the table for JAST, and Makoto was translating it for a fan patch release before he was hired by JAST, he got the common route done. But Nitro+ won't let them actually announce any new licenses until they've released what they've already licensed from them. Hanachirasu was released, Kikokugai was canned, and Sumaga is theoretically close to release, with maybe Django this year, too. Once that releases, expect a Muramasa announcement from JAST. Maybe they'll get the okay to announce it at AX this year but I doubt it.

What does this VN have that you're all so hyped? Or is that a joke?

Think of the hype for SubaHibi as the same type of hype for a work like Umineko (this does not in any way imply that Subahibi is similar to Umineko, which they're not xD). Both stories sort of stand out amongst the rest in the medium as they have set out to do something a bit more special presentation-wise (not that that means the story's quality is equal to how 'unique' it is though). Whether it succeeds or not in being #totallyuniqueandcool is up to the reader, given from my observations just as many people disliked Umineko as the people who practically worshipped it came along.

Anyways, this is generally the selling point of SubaHibi. (post #3)

Does it require any profound knowledge of the philosophical ideologies in question or are they presented in a way that doesn't require the reader to be super knowledgeable on it?

i.e can i read through this and understand it or will I have to do some homework after reading it?

Does it require any profound knowledge of the philosophical ideologies in question or are they presented in a way that doesn't require the reader to be super knowledgeable on it?

i.e can i read through this and understand it or will I have to do some homework after reading it?

From what I know you'll be able to at least understand it.  Though I haven't read it myself.

Part of what makes SubaHibi so highly regarded is that it manages to make itself accessible to any type of reader despite also showing off a rather fair amount of ideologies to its readers. In other words, you don't have to be well-versed in Wittgenstein or Kant or any such philosophy (or even the literature references) to enjoy the story because it was constructed to simplify those ideas to its readers. Although if you want to understand aspects of SubaHibi on a much deeper level then the material is there to be studied.

Funny enough, I've studied Kant before, so at least I got that going for me, which is nice.

I think I'll briefly look over some of the stuff after reading it, but it's good to know the visual novel is that accessible, thanks for clarifying.

This does sound really interesting so I'm looking forward to it and to jump on the bandwagon.

Editing and insertion is a lengthy process. Six hours worth of text took me upwards of a hundred hours to implement, test and troubleshoot by myself with limited scripts.

If the VNDB length is anything to go by, I wouldn't hold my breath for release anytime soon.