Google teases YouTube Gaming

Zenophilious

HADOUKEN!

lol, that killed me. GG. If it's Google and Youtube, chances are it's going to already be better than Twitch.

Sorry, Twitch. It's reality. I don't think it'll "kill" Twitch though. Stuff like that doesn't really happen. There will always be hardcore fans of this and that that will never switch to something newer, better. I am interested in seeing how this plays out though. I don't really do streaming, but yeah.

Doubt it'll compete with Twitch due to Youtube's ridiculous policies.

Then again, Twitch is getting some ridiculous policies in place too so... who knows.

I do think it has a big advantage since Youtube is so massive already, but you can only know where it'll go depending on the quality of the service.

I'd say just move to hitbox.

One of the bigger problems with the current youtube streaming system is that youtube comments are absolute trash and even with 100 moderators, it always turns into a spamfest (then again, Twitch also has this to some degree, unless you're a subscriber in which case the subscriber chat is typicall less full of retards).

That's why most youtubers, when wanting to engage with their fans on streams, often use twitter or some private way to contact the people watching rather than looking at the mess in the comments.

I'm curious to know wether youtube intends to introduce a subscription plan similar to what Twitch has.

I also wonder if they'll allow people to play music on streams given youtube's absurd Content ID system.

I think in order to get the top twitch streamers to make the switch, Youtube would have to introduce a subscription system. Most of a twitcher streamer's income comes from subscribers, not ads. That will be too appealing to give up. Even if Youtube offers a similar system, the switch over is probably not going to be entirely lossless.