Jurassic World

RinXD

I saw Jurassic World yesterday night, and I gotta say I was a bit disappointed.  Well, it was okay, but not as enjoyable as the first one.  I didn't like the characters.. they seemed a bit off to me for some reason~

Yeah, the two boys could be removed from the movie entirely and it honestly wouldn't have made much of a difference. They were just...there.

I take these kind of movies with a grain of salt though, and just go in not expecting much.

Yeah, the two boys could be removed from the movie entirely and it honestly wouldn't have made much of a difference. They were just...there.

I take these kind of movies with a grain of salt though, and just go in not expecting much.

Yeah, this.  The actors were kinda bad...  just felt weird watching them.  The first Jurassic Park was so much better in making me believe their emotions/experience.  It almost seemed more comedy-focused.

Watched it last week in the cinema. Well, not as good as the 1st but still an enjoyable movie imo. I like dinosaur, and this is a sequel of the film that made me interested in them, so why not? And Chris Pratt here too. 

I like the variety of the new dinosaurs, and the raptors? F*ckin awesome, especially Blue. She and Owen are my favorite characters in the movie.

SeVjYBC.jpg

And as I watched I can't help but felt a little nostalgic. Man, time goes so fast, it's been 20 years or so since the original. Does anyone notice that the T-Rex is the same one from the original JP? Older, but angrier.

I saw this movie. I could've lived without seeing this movie.

The movie is... Eh. On one hand, I love seeing the park working as intended, I loved seeing the flying dinosaurs attack people in the park and I adore the self-awareness the movie has at times ("Dinosaurs ain't impressing nobody no more, we need sumthing bigga" and the T-Rex smashing the Spinosaurus skeleton).

On the other hand, all characters were bland and boring, the military subplot felt utterly unnecessary, the kids sucked at portraying scared kids, the dinosaur fight at the end was embarrassing and worst of all, the soundtrack felt to epic and out of place in this movie. 

I give this movie a 6/10, since it wasn't offensive or insulting and it's better than Jurassic Park 2 and 3.

I'd recommend this movie, if you have a 10 year old boy, because little boys will fucking love this movie. Also, I guess if you really want to watch something in the theater, Jurassic World is atleast better than Terminator, Spy or Adam Sandlers newest bowel movement.

Otherwise, don't go watch this film. Wait til you can pick the DVD up for 2,99 at the "3 for 1"-table at an electronics store or walmart. Or wait until it's on TV.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the movie. It's bad. The acting is poor, the pacing is terribly terribly fast, there were some unnecessary subplots as mentioned above, the romance was terrible, and the resolution was even worse.

My biggest problem was the pacing: they put everything compressed on a single day. (The romance was hilarious: in the morning, the woman doesn't give a shit about the guy and at noon she's passionately kissing him, lol) And as some critics mentioned, there was a lack of 'humanity' in the movie. 

The only thing I liked about this shit was the soundtrack, but it wasn't even appropriate nor well employed.

4/10