Jurassic World

RinXD

I'm either seeing it tomorrow night or sometime Saturday.

I've got fond memories of the first two films. Saw the third one in chemistry class in high school, didn't like it as much. Looking forward to this one though.

So just got back, wasn't very good. Really Hollywood, I hate how the kids never die and just end up being pointless. It really just suffers from not being the first. The pitch was pretty much identical to the original, except in the original they're getting the "advanced screening," whereas here's it's already open. It'll never capture us like the original because the original was the first was an amazing depiction of CGI and dinosaurs. There were also some plot points which were stupid, regarding the human/dinosaur interaction.

So, I ended up seeing the movie yesterday with a couple of buddies of mine before we had our D&D night. Overall, I had a good time with it. The last fight scene was simultaneously the coolest and dumbest thing I've seen in combo in awhile.

The private security subplot about weaponizing the raptors was the weakest part of the movie. Vincent D'onofrio's character really fell flat, he was like one giant walking cliche who had never seen or read a single piece of fiction in his life.

Seriously, 

dinosaurs are the future of warfare? That sounds completely reliable and nothing could possibly go wrong.  :rolleyes:

as brilliant as the movie supposedly is, i just can't get into it. After finding out about how dinosaurs would likely suffocate and die the instant they hatched in earth's modern atmosphere, or if by some miracle survived, they would die within 30 minutes of being hatched due to ridiculously out of date immune systems.  Do they address either of these things in the movie?   edit: whoa that was crazy, it was like i had hallucinated nohman's avatar wasn't bill murray.

I went to watch it with my relatives. In my opinion, it was good, though not perfect.

The T-Rex in Jurassic Park is more realistic than the new CGI'd one in Jurassic World.

It's just to show how much work was put into the puppets used in the original movie.

The T-Rex in Jurassic Park is more realistic than the new CGI'd one in Jurassic World.

It's just to show how much work was put into the puppets used in the original movie.

I actually believe the scene where the Indomitus Rex crushes the sphere the two kids were in was done with animatronics, though I could be wrong. They was at least a noticeable difference in that scene.

as brilliant as the movie supposedly is, i just can't get into it. After finding out about how dinosaurs would likely suffocate and die the instant they hatched in earth's modern atmosphere, or if by some miracle survived, they would die within 30 minutes of being hatched due to ridiculously out of date immune systems.  Do they address either of these things in the movie?   edit: whoa that was crazy, it was like i had hallucinated nohman's avatar wasn't bill murray.

Yes, this has been explained right in the first movie. Most of the DNA is supplemented with other species. In the first movie it was just a frog doing all the work (which is why the dinosaurs could lay eggs, which was one of the main things about the second or third movie, can't remember which), but in World they've used a tonne of stuff. The Rex was full of loads of different species to get all their traits.

The whole thing is sci fi, it's not meant to be realistic, so I'm not sure what the problem is anyway.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but the movie gave a huge middle finger to JP3, in the form of

The T-rex smashing through a Spinosaurus skeleton as it made its presence known to the Indomitus Rex

And the movie was decent - nothing too spectacular outside of that one particular fight at the end.

It may not be too well done, but at the very least I found it better than the two movies before it. Can't really stand up to the original though, but that's to be expected I suppose.