Steam Summer Sale!

RinXD

I'm actually waiting for the original Wasteland to go on sale :sachi:

The Hitman franchise is 80% off.  Blood Money is $1.79.

I'm pretty sure the original comes with Wasteland 2?

Edit: Just checked, looks like both the Classic and Deluxe versions come with Wasteland 1

Doesn't that put my Steam account at risk?

Nope.  Steam will not punish you for doing anything to single player games as long as you don't violate an agreement in some form.  If that was true, then people that modded Skyrim to have sex and rape minigames (yes, they exist, unfortunately) would have been banned ages ago.  As long as you don't cheat in a multiplayer game, and you don't violate the Subscriber Agreement, to the extent of my knowledge, you're fine.

I changed my mind after reading some discussions about Wasteland 2. Apparently, the old Fallout games stand up better in terms of variety and story. Sooo oh well

Regarding the 3 isometric RPGs recently released, Pillars of Eternity is the one you want if you're looking for a well designed RPG. Divinity is the one you want if you're looking for a great combat system and quirky humour. I would put Wasteland 2 at lowest priority, it's okay but the others are better.

Even if you cheat in multiplayer games, they don't do anything to your account. There is VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat), an anti-cheat system in Valve's free Steamworks API suite, getting caught and VAC-banned in one of those games simply means you can't join any other multiplayer server that uses VAC. It doesn't even ban you from playing the game. Most MP games don't use VAC, in these cases it's up to the developers and publishers to enforce their own terms of service, Valve doesn't do any enforcement for them and your Steam account is free from any risk.

Basically, Steam is a content delivery service, what you do with that content is your business and Valve doesn't care.

Regarding the 3 isometric RPGs recently released, Pillars of Eternity is the one you want if you're looking for a well designed RPG. Divinity is the one you want if you're looking for a great combat system and quirky humour. I would put Wasteland 2 at lowest priority, it's okay but the others are better.

There is also Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall. Shadowrun Returns was mediocre, and worse than all of the games you mentioned. Shadowrun Dragonfall was really good and better than Wasteland 2, probably better than Divinity.

One thing to note is that Divinity's multiplayer mode is really fun.

Well, bugger.  I guess I could just refund it, since with my ~3 mb/s download speed I won't be clocking up the two hours anytime soon.  Also looked up a few other articles after I bought it that were more objective.  Buyers remorse :sachi:

EDIT: If you want to know what the refund system looks like, here it is:

NhRnDt4.png

There is actually an option to refund the payment back to your card instead of to your Steam Wallet.

There is also Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall. Shadowrun Returns was mediocre, and worse than all of the games you mentioned. Shadowrun Dragonfall was really good and better than Wasteland 2, probably better than Divinity.

Recently been replaying Dragonfall the Director's Cut, just an amazing game. It's only 5 bucks from Steam at the moment, which is just a bargain!