Steam Summer Sale!

RinXD

And thus the system works, as people are more fast and loose with their spending money, caving in to impulse purchases more easily :P. But I bet many devs will only look at the refund number and not think about all the extra sales they made because the system was implemented.

Anyways, I liked The Witcher 1, but it's definitely very dated and doesn't hold up very well. Witcher 2 is really good, although the difficulty curve is a bit out of whack. 

I actually heavily suspect that there will be a bigger discount. It has gone as low as $10 before on other sites, so it would be weird for it to not go for that or even lower at some point during this sale. So unless you're itching to play it right this second, hold off. Again, refer to my earlier posts in this thread where I implore shoppers to be patient. Even though you can request refunds, that ties up your money while everything processes and is less than ideal. 

Okay, I'm confused.  I was considering picking up CS:GO during the sale (First Counter-strike game) and saw it was on the daily deal for today, so I decided to grab it.

http://puu.sh/io0nD/47084ababa.jpg

That said, going onto the store page it says the sale ends on the 22nd, which is the same as the actual sale end as opposed to just the daily deal.

So...what's going on?  Is it a daily deal/flash sale-level sale or is it just the standard sale price?  I'll probably refund it since I bought it a bit too hastily, but I'm confused now...

Edit:  Has been refunded.

I do not know why it is listed as a daily deal but doesn't have a deeper discount. It should probably be 75%, it has been listed at 50% off since the start of the sale. Seems like a mistake on Valve's end, it's even more mysterious that it hasn't been fixed in the last ten hours.

I do not know why it is listed as a daily deal but doesn't have a deeper discount. It should probably be 75%, it has been listed at 50% off since the start of the sale. Seems like a mistake on Valve's end, it's even more mysterious that it hasn't been fixed in the last ten hours.

I am SO tempted to get Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin but cannot pull the trigger >.>

Wait, for the dailies, wait for the dailies!

Bought Eden*. I always recommend 100% Orange Juice, just be sure to pray to RNGesus.

How good is Castle Crashers?

T'was one of the best multiplayer games of half a decade ago if I remember correctly. Lots of couch co-op on Xbox, has online multiplayer on PC. Me and Zeno discussed it a page or so back.

They're just promoting their games. They did it with portal too

Same. Though the thought usually comes to me in the form of `You don`t even have time to PLAY games and you think you`re ever going to have time to MAKE one?`

You nailed it pretty much. 

But otherwise I recommend looking up Mount & Blade Warband from yesterday's deals.  Age of Mythology if you are a fan of Age of Empires and such. But you should've already played that game if you liked AoE.

Well, as someone who thinks that Civ 4 is still the best Civ game, with the expansions I think Civ 5 is pretty fun in its own way. Without the expansions I thought it was shit, but the expansions add a lot of interesting systems and more strategy. If you get them, make sure you get the Complete Edition bundle since it also comes with all the DLC and is cheaper than the two expansions combined.

edit: Or maybe instead consider Endless Legend. It's fantasy, but still a very solid 4X game and it might be better than Civ V, although it's fairly close.

Well, as someone who thinks that Civ 4 is still the best Civ game, with the expansions I think Civ 5 is pretty fun in its own way. Without the expansions I thought it was shit, but the expansions add a lot of interesting systems and more strategy. If you get them, make sure you get the Complete Edition bundle since it also comes with all the DLC and is cheaper than the two expansions combined.

edit: Or maybe instead consider Endless Legend. It's fantasy, but still a very solid 4X game and it might be better than Civ V, although it's fairly close.

Oh, good, I'm not alone in thinking expansionless Civ V was shit.  I'll probably pick up Civ V, though, instead of Endless Legend.  I'm already familiar with Civ, and if it's a good game I don't see much of a reason to switch.  Thanks for the input ^_^

Is it just for me that the flash sale says 30+ hours until new deals? Shouldn't it renew every 12 hours?

Nope, it says 32 hours for me too.  Guessing it's a glitch or mistake, considering right next to that it says "New Deals Every 12 Hours".