Have you already played VNs with your girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/wife?

starlessn1ght

My girlfriend has casually watched me play my visual novels but she never really got into them, the only title that she actually read with me was Sono Hanabira back when I first started playing VNs myself. However, we do actively watch anime together on the daily  ^_^

I don't know if playing visual novels together would be a very good date though lol

*obligatory 404 girlfriend not found*

On a serious note, I'll only probably do that if I'll be reading something like Rewrite. Reading something like Yume Miru Kusuri with just about anybody else would be kinda awkward. Then again, we wouldn't be together if she isn't weird or isn't aware of my weird hobbies.

. . . All this hypothetical thinking is making me want a girlfriend. I have enough already anyway in the 2D world ;-;

My fiance and I read them together every now and then, sometimes even ones we've gone through before.  Usually they're romantic or romantic comedy of some description, but we do read things like Demonbane every so often to change things up.

I don't really think playing visual novel together works.

When you play VN, you always play as a protagonist - viewing things from the first perspective. To play with someone means both of you view things as an outsider, a 3rd perspective, so it is hard to get immerse into VN than playing alone.

When it comes to anime, watching together is fine as mentioned above.

But a nukige or anything that isn't plot-heavy should be fine for a laugh together.

I don't really think playing visual novel together works.

When you play VN, you always play as a protagonist - viewing things from the first perspective. To play with someone means both of you view things as an outsider, a 3rd perspective, so it is hard to get immerse into VN than playing alone.

When it comes to anime, watching together is fine as mentioned above.

But a nukige or anything that isn't plot-heavy should be fine for a laugh together.

No sir, I have not, due to the fact that one of the elements of the question is missing from my life. try to imagine which one T_T

I think it might depend on what you are seeking from the experience. A person with whom to discuss the plot, someone to share the burden and weigh the choices with, or just a reading/talking buddy to help alleviate the grind of infodumping or have a laugh due to a bad or hilarious moment?

Or maybe sex has gotten stale, so now you read things like Starless for some "innovative" ideas heh.

Rance: fun for the whole family! :makina:

First of all, I've never had a girlfriend.  Second of all, I might have a hard time reading a VN with someone that wanted to read it with me, mostly because I seem to read a lot faster than the average person.  Seems to run in my family, since my mom can do the same.  Other than that, I'd be down with reading a VN with a girlfriend

image.png?w=400&c=1

.  If I get a girlfriend that likes anime in general, she's gonna read Majikoi.  No other option will be possible.

i would, but everyone i know and possibly have an interest in are normies.  this is a fairly good idea for making moves though now that i think about it.  Start something like narcissu or planetarium,short and bittersweet, cry in front of/with girl, get inside of her/eat her face, rinse and repeat for simulated deep emotional connections with said girl and to show you are an empathic being in need of comfort that a feminine bosom is only capable of healing.  Thanks op, you have added a finisher to my movelist. :illya:

I don't think I ever have. I was once reading Muv Luv around my ex, but she was doing something else.

I have read VNs with my friends though. Read Narcissu with one friend, Rance with another (we were laughing our asses off), oh and part of Muv Luv as well. I remember it quite well... as it was Sumika's h-scene... and before that the only experience with h-scenes I had was with FSN... so needless to say I was... impressed.

After reading it for a bit... I saved and went home. :P