About TyranoBuilder, and some other questions

So I may or may not have something planned sometime down the line, and as I was doing some research, happened to stumble upon this engine.

I haven't purchased it yet, mostly because there were a few things I wanted to ask about it. And, since the support page on their website doesn't work, I thought that this might be a good place to ask those questions, as I'm fairly certain there are some fuwa members out there with previous experience using this engine. 

How much customization does this engine allow? Can I program features in that they don't have yet, such as a backlog using their TyranoScript? 

Is there any built in support for options? 

What about things like text color?

If not, is there anything out there that would be capable of accomplishing the above? 

I do have some programming experience in several languages, but I wouldn't go as far to say I'm particularly skilled in any specific language. 

How much customization does this engine allow? Can I program features in that they don't have yet, such as a backlog using their TyranoScript? 

without tyranoscript you can build a simple VN, however renpy does that has well. if you want to build a backlog you need to learn tyranoscript which is not any language that people have posted on youtube or such (you must learn it). even with tyranoscript you are still limit to what it can do, so building a RPG is completely out of the question.

Is there any built in support for options?

you mean the choices? ya that should be there, renpy also has that option. both have the same standard "jump" command.

What about things like text color?

easy to spot, renpy also has it.

hope that helps.

TyranoBuilder is not recommended. It's a barebones editor with little options and a high prize tag. Renpy can do a lot more and it's free.

The only drawback would be learning it but there's plenty of tutorials out there. Tyrano's only advantage ought to be the drag and drop

mechanics and that alone is not enough to justify its use.

One big drawback I see is a lack of documentation, the only thing I can find is in Japanese. TyranoScript seems mostly compatible with Kirikiri's scripting language, but appears to be written in/built on top of JavaScript. You'd probably have to do some serious digging to get to the point of even beginning to get your hands dirty with the engine.

Which, coming from a web dev background, is a big, fat red flag for me.

It's more efficient to learn the basics of Python and Ren'Py scripting language, than use TyranoBuilder. Ren'Py is well documented, has a lot of tutorials available on the net and a helpful community. Ren'Py is also free for both private and commercial use. Beats anything else hands down except for Unity and GameMaker. In a longer run, those two might prove to be more powerful (cross-platform support is definately tempting), but Ren'Py remains the easiest engine to use available on the market.

I can't recommend learning Python enough, it's a really neat scripting language. I like to use it for one-off import scripts, even though I work with PHP 99% of the time. Amazing stdlib, gets stuff done very efficiently.

One of these days I'll try Ren'Py, for the lulz. Unity is always an amazing option because of C#, amazing(ly powerful) programming language as well.