The Human Reignition Project (Demo Released)

Raithfyre

So I played through it, have to say it looked extremely promising for an OELVN (I'm also glad you plan to do the H-scenes).

1. A girl who drinks;

2. A girl who is taller than the protagonist (have you ever seen that in a Japanese work unless you're dealing with a shota protagonist?);

3. A girl who smokes and is somewhat okay with doing drugs;

4. Got nothing on the other three yet, but I'm sure the final game will have something unique going for them;

And finally, a protagonist who actively does drugs.

Congratulations on treading a path most Japanese VNs would never take. I'm very excited to see the final product even though I've never liked an OELVN before.

As a side note, most of the music is great/good enough but that song at the very beginning after he leaves the store for the first time is too bassy, I wonder if the musician only considered how it would sound on headphones and not on speakers. The art is very nice too, while I never watch VN openings due to CG spoilers I hope you at least reach the first stretch goal

Have to say, this looks pretty promising.  I'll get around to downloading the demo at some point.  My VN list, doe...

What we wanted to do was create a bishoujo game with the romance focus that we all love without setting our game in a school. Yeah, there are a couple similar elements to, say, Grisaia or what have you, but for the most part we've tried to steer clear of a lot of the plot and character tropes native to the genre. That said, the game will still include 18+ content in the form of H-scenes.

Once the demo's done, we'll be putting in on Steam Greenlight. We're published and also somewhat funded by Sekai Project, so you'll see it under their name, not ours. Same for the Kickstarter. At the moment, I'm not entirely sure what the final price of the game will be, but I do know that if you pledge for a digital copy on KS, it'll be cheaper than buying the game off Steam. No other pre-order bonuses though; sorry CoD fans.

Wait...an OELVN that has 18+ content that isn't Katawa Shoujo?  Is this real?

Quick question concerning these two bits.  Is Steam the only planned distributor of HRP?  If yes, will the 18+ content be available in a patch for the Steam version?  If Steam isn't the only seller, which sites will be selling copies?  Sorry if you'd already answered these questions, I couldn't find the answers in the Kickstarter page or your post here.

We'll be on platforms other than Steam, though I don't know exactly what yet. There's a chance we'll have our own webstore, we might use the Humble Store. There's gonna be something that'll allow us to host the adult content though. As for a Steam patch, I don't know the logistics of it, but I'm not opposed if it's easily workable.

If I have my way, you'll get both versions (or just the all-ages) if you prefer that. Personally, I don't believe in making people pay for the extra content, especially since as far as I'm concerned, it's part of the "base" content - we're just making an all-ages version to follow Steam and Kickstarter's rules.

That said, I can't speak with 100% confidence that whatever other distributors we use will make it that easy. If it comes down to it, I'll make sure there's a patch for the Steam version. I don't want to content block people at all.

Well... I played through it, and the fact that this is all I get to play from now until December 2016 (is it?) both excites and upsets me in equal measure... which I think means the demo is amazing ^_^ (Which given I'd already backed it prior to playing this makes me feel much better :makina: )

One (pretty minor) thing I've flagged up is in

the scene where Ken and Senri take ambrosidone together. There's a dialogue where Senri says 'anyway, you've been dealing nuclear weapons under the counter, I don't think you have anything to worry about.'

I think there's supposed to be an 'unless' before the 'you're', but it might just be me reading it awkwardly.

This next year and a half or so is gonna be a pretty grim wait, but it'll be worth it :)

One (pretty minor) thing I've flagged up is in

the scene where Ken and Senri take ambrosidone together. There's a dialogue where Senri says 'anyway, you've been dealing nuclear weapons under the counter, I don't think you have anything to worry about.'

I think there's supposed to be an 'unless' before the 'you're', but it might just be me reading it awkwardly.

I've not that far yet, so I don't know the context, but that sounds like something someone who was high would say XD

Edit: Also, I forgot to ask, but is there any chance of a dyslexic friendly font being introduced that people can swap to from the normal font? 

Ugh, all these embarrassing typos =/ It's kinda funny; a lot of these only cropped up /during/ our last round of editing, when we were rewording stuff. Who edits the editors, ya know? Anyway, Ken is definitely not dealing nuclear weapons under the table. At least not canonically. Yet ;)

I'll take a look into alternate font options, or possibly see if I can find an easy way to allow users to patch in changes like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome :) Downloading the demo. Big hug from for creating the android version ~

Edit:

I played for a bit and it's good, The art is on a high level, the bgm matches the story nicely... There are a few things I'd personally change though.

1. This scene

UNF5YGd.jpg

Can you perhaps mirror Setsuna's sprite for a few moments in this scene to make her actually look at Kyou? Would be a nice touch :v

2. Although I realise this is still a demo, the lack of transitions between the scenes/days hurt :(

3. I was disappointed I couldn't (or at least I don't know how to) hide the text window to fully appreciate the CGs. There is a 'Menu' button at the bottom so do you think you could make the RMB hide the text instead?

4. Meaningless choices - this is purely a personal opinion, I just hate them as they make me save/load more than I should while not really doing anything xD

5. I'm seriously sorry about this one and I don't even know if it's intended or not but that line bothers me WAY more than it should :V

3wDnMwn.jpg

6. Why is Kyou only wearing a T shirt? XD Isn't he cold?

I'll come back to nag some more once I'm done with the demo :) Peace out~

Hey, thanks for the feedback! We've actually already made plans to incorporate a few of those things you mentioned, like the mirrored sprites. There actually are no pointless choices, though a lot of them probably do seem that way since the scope of the demo doesn't really allow for the results to show quite yet =/ Also, I believe you can hide the text by pressing the H key.

Thank you for playing, I hope you enjoy it overall!

Dun durudun I'm back. 

I'm done with the demo and DAMN IT you just had to leave a cliffhanger :wafuu: . I love and hate you at the same time. 

Great job on the characters. I haven't read a VN that got me interested in EVERY character ever before. The story seems like something that could actually happen, that is a bit scary, and makes it all the more intriguing. Can't wait to read more~! 

But I can't just keep flattering you now, can I? :saber:  /RantModeOn

First things first ~

I haven't really noticed anything game breaking. Some typos here and there. Trivial stuff like this. One thing made me go 'ugh...' though. I finished the demo, started it again to check out other choices and the 'skip read text' option doesn't work for the rest of the gameplay if you make even one different choice.

Typos I've noticed:

1. Missing coma.

s8pU3dy.jpg

2. 'Why were you were?!'

SHormt6.jpg

3. I believe it should be 'Anyway, unless you've been secretly (...).

DwP0mjb.jpg

4. I think Senri should ask 'What is so weird about me?' instead, or Ken's answer makes no sense.

6XEOUF2.jpg

5. The dangers of NicoNicoTine.

ZJtj60T.jpg

6. The save/load menu slot count is off.

5b5hblI.jpg

RDOhiD4.jpg

Thanks for the awesome demo, I'll be sticking around for more content/info~ Thanks for letting us get a taste of something different than all the big-boobs, lolis and twintailed tsundere VNs (not that I have anything against any of these), always fun to experience something new. Keep up the good work and make it a grand success :)

• 1 month later...

I haven't had time to play the demo yet, but this looks very interesting. I love the concept. There's great irony in making a game that tackles the (very real, near-future) issue of how humans can be encouraged to form true connections in an almost purely digital era. I'll be following this project through to release. Best of luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Fuwa, long time no post. Sorry about that.

Here's the state of things:

We finished up our Kickstarter back in mid-July. We had a crazy amount of support, reaching over double our funding goal to cruise in at 48k raised. We got about 15k more on Backerkit off of merch sales, so we're doing pretty well budget-wise. We probably won't be able to spring for the opening animation like we wanted to, mostly because we underestimated production costs when devising stretch goals (and also kinda forgot about taxes... Whoops.) That said, we've been in discussion lately about potential options for our opening theme song. Anyone you'd like to hear?

General progress updates are probably gonna be a bit less frequent now than they have been (on our blog and KS too, not just here) because we'll be getting into the meat of the project, and there won't be as much stuff to show off or post about, since we don't wanna spoil too much prior to release. I'll try to make some blog posts every now and then, but I'm not entirely sure what to write about. If you've got anything you'd like to know about (the development process, the team itself, certain characters, whatever) I'm open to suggestions.

Right now our sprite artist is working on some character design upgrades for a few of the main cast, and we'll show the results of that once it's finished. Should coincide with the cover art for our game being completed as well. Dunno if anyone will be at AWA in Atlanta in a few weeks, but I will be, as well as some of my teammates. You might catch us around Sekai Project's table in the vendor hall, and we'll also be announcing something cool (and not HRP related) during Sekai Project's panel.

Cheers!

Holy crap, Just finished the demo and i have to say i love this already! The arts great, the music is great and so are the characters. I'm looking forward to the full thing whenever that will be. As for constructive criticism i don't have much to offer, i think all the previous posters got everything

I do think Kyou needs a coat or something..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had posted this before but then it was lost in the data loss ;-; Anyway, we've finished our new character design upgrades, with an aim of making the style more compatible between the CG and sprite artists, as well as just looking better. There will be a new version of the demo at some point, but probably not for another 6 months or so. Also, if everything goes well, we should have a huge announcement at Anime Expo this year, but I can't really say more than that. Hope you like the girls' new look~

rsz_1rsz_group-merge.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2016 at 1:00 AM, Raithfyre said:

We posted one of our upcoming CG's, a spoiler-free image of the undisputed best girl in the game and anyone who says other wise is wrong.

: |

vB0MDfq.jpg

Too bad I can't bring myself to like megane girls for some reason... The CG looks really fabulous, especially the lighting really adds to the general feel it gives!