The Human Reignition Project (Demo Released)

Raithfyre

q4UKQFS.png

Our Kickstarter is now live! Please, check it out! The Kickstarter has ended, thanks for your support!

The Demo for our game is released! We hope you'll enjoy it~

Hi everyone! I'm one of the members of an English VN project that's been going on for a while, and with our demo coming out hoooopefully next week, I wanted to go ahead and post about it here! (You might also recognize me from the other project I work on, the yuri VN Starlight Vega).

My team is called AlienWorks, and our game is called The Human Reignition Project, and it's a bishoujo VN with some sci-fi elements. You play as a guy called Ken, who attends a lecture on "The impacts of technology on society," which is just what it sounds like. See, in our setting, communication between people is almost entirely digital. Text messages, instant messaging, or even phone calls; the element of face-to-face interaction is  mostly gone. A lot of jobs have vanished, too, being replaced by more efficient robots that don't need a salary.

A8Z3e3b.jpg

Kojo, the guy organizing the lecture, comes from an older generation, and while he knows his little group isn't going to change the world, he'd at least like to try to change a couple lives.

So far it all sounds pretty slice-of-life, I know, but there are some action-y, thriller-y elements that come into play later on. Can't spoil those quite yet though.

What we wanted to do was create a bishoujo game with the romance focus that we all love without setting our game in a school. Yeah, there are a couple similar elements to, say, Grisaia or what have you, but for the most part we've tried to steer clear of a lot of the plot and character tropes native to the genre. That said, the game will still include 18+ content in the form of H-scenes.

Real quick, I just wanted to mention a couple quick notes about the game. First off, like I said, our demo for the game should be out soon. Like, very soon. It's probably 90% done right now. The demo is all of our Act 1, which is about 30 scenes and I think somewhere around 40,000 words? We're going to launch it at the same time as a Kickstarter for our game. I know, I know, another VN on Kickstarter. Because we work with such talented artists though, we need the funding (we're talking a few hundred dollars per CG). Of course, you'll be able to play the demo without pledging money to the KS.

sW2u49x.jpg

Once the demo's done, we'll be putting in on Steam Greenlight. We're published and also somewhat funded by Sekai Project, so you'll see it under their name, not ours. Same for the Kickstarter. At the moment, I'm not entirely sure what the final price of the game will be, but I do know that if you pledge for a digital copy on KS, it'll be cheaper than buying the game off Steam. No other pre-order bonuses though; sorry CoD fans.

L1JkUK8.jpg

Finally, most of us are gonna be at Anime Expo. I'll be at Sekai Project's table in the vendor hall for a lot of the time, and I might be at their panel, too. We're going to be selling a few prints done by our artists, as well as one guest piece by Doomfest. Here are previews for a couple of those:

rosuuriposterpreview-205x300.jpg doomfestPosterpreview-300x205.jpg

If you're interested in following along more with the game, you can follow me on twitter @Raithfyre or the team @AlienworksDev (though I also run that, heh). Also, our website is reignitionproject.com, and we post major news to blogs there.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy our game~ Just below, you can check out the character cards for our six heroines, and get an idea of what they're like. Yukino best girl, though.

Hmet5PG.png7r2iKK8.png

VhjIUtn.pngHKczE1q.png

I8WiV8h.png

ea5m5bF.png

The premise of the story and setting honestly interests me. Furthermore I am interested in seeing a VN that attempts to stray away from the standard cliches. I'll definitely at least check the demo out.

Finally, most of us are gonna be at Anime Expo. I'll be at Sekai Project's table in the vendor hall for a lot of the time, and I might be at their panel, too. We're going to be selling a few prints done by our artists, as well as one guest piece by Doomfest. Here are previews for a couple of those:

vwMin.gif

I've been following your guys' progress for a while now. I honestly can't wait for the demo! The story is interesting, the art is amazing, the whole thing just pulls you in. I wish you all luck with the development. I'll be stalking you the entire time. I'll most likely support your KS as well. 

P.S.

<3 Yukino

Whoever agreed that Yukino's the best has the right idea! And I swear I'm not biased at all ;)

Our team is pretty large. Let's see...

There are 6 writers. One of our writers is also a musician.

There's one other musician, who's just a musician.

We have two editors, a programmer and our scene director. Our scene director also made our videos, UI, various other graphics, and also composed the song that's in the trailer.

We have a background artist, though the demo utilizes BG's from two other artists who aren't her. Then we have two CG artists and a sprite artist.

Whoever agreed that Yukino's the best has the right idea! And I swear I'm not biased at all ;)

Our team is pretty large. Let's see...

There are 6 writers and two editors. One of our writers is also a musician.

There's one other musician, who's just a musician.

We have two editors, a programmer and our scene director. Our scene director also made our videos, UI, various other graphics, and also composed the song that's in the trailer.

We have a background artist, though the demo utilizes BG's from two other artists who aren't her. Then we have two CG artists and a sprite artist.

Sooo..... 12 of you?

Congrats on the demo release and the kickstarter, guys!

I downloaded the demo the other night and read a good portion of it. I really enjoyed how you used the sprite movements. 

The sudden close–up of Senri's face after Kojo's lecture made me laugh out loud.

I plan on finishing the rest later today to give my full thoughts on it. Love the story so far. (b~_^)b