Dracu-Riot! - Miu Route Translation Project (based on VNR Community Translations)

RedJacK

Hello there,

This is a project to add translations to the Miu-path of Dracu-Riot! For translations i am using Visual Novel Reader Community Translations (when they are available) and if they are not then i use kelvincomes translations. I do not speak Japanese so i cannot proof read the texts when i am transferring them to the game patch. I cannot comment on the quality of the translations, even though VNR-community translations are up to bar in my opinion.

And for further clarification, i am not translating anything, just transferring already translated text to the game. Only reason when i check GTranslate for the translation is when the sources where i get my translations do not match or there is multiple translations . That is why i need to use GTranslate to get the context out of it (sometimes it helps, sometimes i know the context because i am "playing" the game at the same time). After that i can make a better call on which translation to use in the situation.

If someone spots errors in translation and wants to sacrifice their time to help me to correct them just send me a pm/email where you include the piece of translation which is wrong and the proposed fix for it (and if you are feeling really frisky, some explanation why).

And if you have too much free time and nothing better to do, i can send the whole chapters for you to read and modify. You do not necessary even need to speak Japanese, if you speak English as a native speaker you can help with the sentence structure etc..

Lastly, if the game starts to crash when using my patch or something in those lines, send me the error and as much information that you can get.

-RedJac'K-

kelvincomes wordpress https://miuquickscripts.wordpress.com/

For version control, going to name the patches with the latest chapter that has been included.

Ie. Patch3_54 -> chapter 5.4 has been included in the patch.

Update #1

Currently have transferred translations to 5.1 and 5.2 chapters. Mostly community made translations from Visual Novel Reader with the backing of kelvincome, GTranslate and common sense (Last two only when VNR and kelvins translations are way too divergent [Which is rare]). Which brings me to the next topic in hand....

Update #2

5.3 started and going to call it in a for day. Download and test it yourself. Just add it to the main files and it should be okay.

http://hezer.naraku.org/fileshare/

Update #3 Is out now.

Update #4 is out. Chapter 5.5 transferred.

Update #5 is out now Chapter 6.4

Update #6 is now out Chapter 6.7

Still not fully playtested, (my elder brothers crashed down here and forces me to play poker and have a life).

The h-scene translations are bad then, i'll throw that out  there immediately, just hang on those parts.

The fact that you even have to ask this shows that it's still probably too early for you to be doing this kind of thing. Those "strange brackets" are the Japanese quotation marks. No, you should not remove punctuation for no reason.

This translation isn't salvageable IMO. And you yourself are openly admitting to using google translate? Please stop.

So let me get this straight, you want to take other peoples work (as you yourself said community patches of VNR which I am still dubious as to the quality) and insert them in into a patch? That doesn't seem right to me you  might want to you know.... get some kind of permission

So let me get this straight, you want to take other peoples work (as you yourself said community patches of VNR which I am still dubious as to the quality) and insert them in into a patch? That doesn't seem right to me you  might want to you know.... get some kind of permission

"If you want to make this into a patch or whatever medium that is out there on the internet, be my guest. Just please make sure there’s proper credits. Thanks" -kelvincome-

It would have been wrong if i would try to sell this patch and get some gain from it.

keep up with the translation, even if it is bad (which i really dont know since I didnt read it) someone will be very glad to have it, don't pay attention to those who discourage the work of others.

It is not a waste of time if you are having fun doing it and in the meantime you can learn with it (I know I did when I was translating narcissu), so keep it up and have fun :)

Well as long as you have permission then it's ok. Do you plan on transferring the lines for miu only?

I thought the other paths have been translated by Staircasesubs (aka.patch2)? If the other paths do not have translations and someone can give them to me, i will gladly add them to the patch.

I thought the other paths have been translated by Staircasesubs (aka.patch2)? If the other paths do not have translations and someone can give them to me, i will gladly add them to the patch.

The released patch only translated Common Route and Elina's. Although according to the translator, they managed to translate everything besides Miu but didn't release any patch. Whether it is true or not is unconfirmed. At least from what I know.

Nobody actually knows if Staircase Subs translated everything but Miu's route, but considering the amount of trolling insem's done, I think it's safe to say that even if they actually did translate it, it'll never see the light of day, so it basically doesn't exist.  We'll never hold all those Dracu-riots  :/

I heard a lot about insem but what was the first bad thing he did?

I remember that when he released his partial patch for dracu riot, there were a large amount of trool in the comments. I don't think insem is the only one to blame here at least I mean it had to begin by something right?

Insem might have given the scripts to someone if there would have not been so fucking many spammers and flamers. I watched what was happening and the amount of comments saying bad stuff of him was freakin high. If I were him I would have done the same thing. For me it seemed that he only wanted translators for Miu and the people flaming him made this happen. I don't know what he did in the past so I can't comment about it. Also it might be true that he only translated Elina

I heard a lot about insem but what was the first bad thing he did?

I remember that when he released his partial patch for dracu riot, there were a large amount of trool in the comments. I don't think insem is the only one to blame here at least I mean it had to begin by something right?

Hoshimemo was a poorly done JP -> CN -> EN translation and TLCers and editors were booted from the project for making too many corrections. Also the first hoshimemo release was a troll that, IIRC, replaced the H--CGs with pictures of dolphins. So many people got pissed off at that, but that's more funny to me than anything else. 

Yeah thats the thing about Insem is he does jp>CN>EN, at least when he was translating, at this point anymore, he trolls people, every once in a while he actually makes a relevant post about Dracu Riot, but usually its along the lines of how little free time he has to do translation

Supposedly he learned Japanese and switched over to jp -> en translations at some point. There has yet to be any clear evidence of this.

People have asked around on Staircase's still active IRC channel, and it really does seem like he is still working on translating Miu's route, albeit VERY slowly, law school had him extremely busy. 

As for the subject of this thread, I still think messing with machine translations (kelvincome's stuff, and VNR's community subs are always a minefield) is a very bad idea. I do not know why we should accept machine translations here, we are not hongfire.

Oh yeah, i read somewhere that insem lost most of the translated scripts and used the 'I got a girlfriend' excuse to drop the project.

Yeah thats the thing about Insem is he does jp>CN>EN, at least when he was translating, at this point anymore, he trolls people, every once in a while he actually makes a relevant post about Dracu Riot, but usually its along the lines of how little free time he has to do translation

That was a long time ago. He doesn't do that anymore. Sound like he has no interest in dracu now.