Greetings from the Rift.

Tejina

Hello residents of Fuwanovel, I'm Joel. I'm a practitioner of web design and vastly immersed in all forms of otaku media, with Eroge/Visual Novels being the most prominent of the categories I'm infatuated with.

You guys might know about Zealty/Ayana on here as he seems to quite an active part of the community(?). Well, I'm his roommate, to be strictly speaking. We've been friends since late elementary school, and he's introduced to me quite a number of things in the past, one of which was an anime titled 'Fruits Basket'. After experiencing.. a work of that caliber, I ultimately ended up so embroiled into otaku media enough that the both of us became successful Japanese study-buddies from thereon (which didn't last for very long).

Now as far as Japanese is concerned, most of the actual 'studying' accomplished for me entailed re-reading Visual Novels that I've originally read translated, so I've yet to experience the Untranslated World in its full glory. A correction on that would be that I've yet to experience anything besides what I'm currently reading, Subarashiki Hibi.

That is my introduction. I look forward to associating myself more with this community, which I hear is relatively casual and yet equally as outgoing, thus, balanced.

私があまり話し好きな人じゃないのに、歓待もらってならばよろしくお願いします。 :sachi:

Hear ye, Hear ye! Welcome among us!
Please, have a seat, take the time to listen to the thousand and one stories that path this forum.
A few are inaudible, by their beauty or their ugliness, others are so unique that the whole world should hear them, at least once!
Some make you regret having read them, while other changes you completely...
Hear ye, Hear ye! Welcome among us! Welcome to the wonderful world of Visual Novel

Oh, crap,, i did it again ... 

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I do plan to integrate myself into this fine community, albeit probably at a slow pace because of work.

I heard Subarashiki Hibi can be somewhat difficult to read. However, it seems you already have a decent amount of experience with Japanese through rereading translated titles in Japanese, so maybe it's not so difficult for you. What do you think of it so far? As it is definitely a title I want to check out after I get several more easier untld VNs under my belt. Also, welcome to the community! 

I didn't find SubaHibi initially difficult to read most of the time, so that's one point in its favor for being at intermediate difficulty level at the very least. There were certain parts in the script that definitely tripped me up, but that was just a concern of the subject matter and not the actual text construction in question. These parts required me to think somewhat outside-the-box in order to be able to grasp its entirety, for one thing. Otherwise, the rest of the content was fairly simple for me to read through, even in comparison to the Japanese in major titles I've already read. (Grisaia was harder to read than SubaHibi, to give one example)

I plan to write in full on SubaHibi once I'm completely finished, but my current impression of it stands that.. well, it's one of the most unique stories I've ever read. That means I find it too difficult to say anything reflecting concretely my proper impression.

Thanks for the response. You successfully got me more interested in the VN. I'm glad to hear it's not too difficult, but I'll still save it for a while. 

Welcome 

in the past, one of which was an anime titled 'Fruits Basket'. After experiencing.. a work of that caliber, I ultimately ended up so embroiled into otaku media

yeah ...and then you don't wear pants anymore...  :ph34r:

what I'm currently reading, Subarashiki Hibi.

where is Down when you need him i'm sure he wants to hear about it.