Finding VNs to go through

Hey all :)

I expect that there's probably been a bajillion questions like this asked in the past, but how do you guys find VNs to play/read? I know about places such as JAST, but looking through threads there's some really (at least, I think) obscure ones being discussed and I'm curious as to how you get hold of them, or even just find out about their existence?

My apologies if this is the wrong board to ask this btw :sachi:

EDIT: As a P.S. I suppose, where do you guys source your VN's as well? Are there certain sites that are good for them? Thanks ^_^

If you just want a list of all the VNs, vndb.org can do that for you.

If you're new to VNs, check out my "50 translated VNs you should read before you die" (it's in my signature).

If you can read JP, you should take a look a Clephas's lists and his blog.

In my case, I'm now reading stuff Clephas suggested me and I haven't read yet and everything that gets translated. After that, I'll just pick up interesting stuff on VNDB.

Some of the pretty obscure ones I saw were from one blogger I like. Other than that, I go through several VNDB tags, and some developers who created works I like.

This seems like a pretty good blog, I'll definitely keeps tabs on that one.

If you just want a list of all the VNs, vndb.org can do that for you.
If you're new to VNs, check out my "50 translated VNs you should read before you die" (it's in my signature).
If you can read JP, you should take a look a Clephas's lists and his blog.

Hehe, it was actually your list that brought me here in the first place :lol: (And might I say, it's a very intriguing list). I'm learning Japanese at the moment, hopefully in 6 months or so I'll be able to start tackling Clephas's stuff as there seems to be some good stuff there.

~~~

I don't actually think I worded my post right though, I'll just make an edit.

Done. Slight addition to my initial question made, sorry about my lack of clarity :(

In the past whenever I got bored i'd browse through VNDB by tags I felt like reading or just every VN with the score 6 and higher that has english translation, I gathered a huge backlog doing that so I just go to my backlog when I need something new to read. And there is usually hype about the new translations here and there so I rarely have to keep tab on new english translated VNs.

When I first started playing untranslated, I just clicked on any tags that I found interesting and picked up whatever I found.  However, if you are just starting out, use the pinned lists in the recommendations forum.

Usually I just see the OP on youtube and decide to play it if it's cute.

thanks to you my recommendations are full of moeges ops.  :amane:

i usually find my VNs through the hyping that happens in FSG.

then i read it and hate on it :makina:

So it seems like VNDB and Google are definitely my friends on this one :3 I've been finding a few sites that do some as well, is dlsite reputable at all? (I've found a good few on there)

https://omochikaeri.wordpress.com/ micchi does a really nice list of all the "main" VNs being released every month, and I also regularly check http://erogetrailers.com/ for released trials.