Non Non Biyori Fandom: ARE YOU READY?

starlessn1ght

I must admit to not expecting it to be a prequel (perhaps we find out what happened in Okinawa next week?), and for what it was it seemed mildly pointless, but it was still Non Non Biyori doing what Non Non Biyori does, so I'm very happy :D I've also decided I want a daughter like Renge, because she'd be hilarious.

IS IT HAUTE COUTURE? - that bit had me in stitches.

The second episode comes out on my birthday, so I think that's a pretty darn good present :sachi:

Never read the manga, I presume it's definitely worth reading?

I read the manga, while some parts were skipped, the fact that Non Non Biyori has no plot still remains, the first season was not detrimental to the manga whatsoever.

I'm going to guess this first episode is just filling in a small gap and they'll resume regular activities later.

Either way though it's still Non Non Biyori and I doubt they'll be reusing the old scenes, that'd be really shady. But they did call this season repeat so I mean :Kappa:

I read the manga, while some parts were skipped, the fact that Non Non Biyori has no plot still remains, the first season was not detrimental to the manga whatsoever.

I'm going to guess this first episode is just filling in a small gap and they'll resume regular activities later.

Either way though it's still Non Non Biyori and I doubt they'll be reusing the old scenes, that'd be really shady. But they did call this season repeat so I mean :Kappa:

@NB, I would be fine because this is still Non Non Biyori and I would still enjoy it very much. However, I'd prefer a real sequel, because as the time passed in the first season we saw the girls becoming more close and more intimate with each other, and their friendship bond grew. I would prefer not to miss this growth, and see them improving it even more after Okinawa.

Well... I just d'awwwwwed my way to an early grave there I think.

I think I'm starting to warm to the new themes, although it'll be a while (if ever) that I consider them to be as good as the 1st season's ones. That said, this week's episode was, of course, absolutely wonderful. I can't remember the last time I fell in love with a show quite as much ^_^

Nee-chan is glorious.

Dunno if prequel's the right word (it was for the first episode, but this episode was after Hotaru joined), but it's looking like just more tales from the year in Asahigaoka. Not that I mind, adds detail and depth to the characters ^_^

Yeah, but I am pretty sure that episode took place before a lot of events in the first season. But yeah, either way, its still good. Non Non Biyori is always a joy to watch.

1911922_933184360037976_8564790051170465

Yeah, but I am pretty sure that episode took place before a lot of events in the first season. But yeah, either way, its still good. Non Non Biyori is always a joy to watch.

This ep was set between episodes 1 and 2 from the 1st season. A prequel means all episodes are set before the original work. In this case, Repeat is a side story.

AH...

Another lovely episode! I just can't... Describe how much I love this anime! It just performs its task SO DAMN WELL: it's relaxing, heartwarming in a way I've never experienced before. NonNon is a masterpiece! It has such a lovely cast, so many wonderful moments, the perfect setting... I also like the fact it doesn't come from a 4koma manga. Not that 4koma adaptations are bad (Gochuumon is also wonderful); it's just that I think the fact it doesn't have to rely on skits every time makes it flow better... Since I like it more the more I watch it, I think it'll soon become my favorite anime...

I am just afraid of what will happen to me when this season ends... But better not think about it now and enjoy that NonNon is here...

• 3 weeks later...

Another really good episode ^_^ It's silly how much I look forward to a 20 minute anime where not much really happens. Explaining to anyone who hasn't seen it why it's so good would be pointless I feel.

Still waiting for Komari episode though... oh my god freaking adorable sailor suit outfit right at the end <3