WHY my fuwafabulous skin is GREEN?

Well a lot of people on the forum liked the Gravity Green theme, so when they switched the defaults over to FuwaFab they might have tried to emulate Gravity Green for the masses. 

Either that or someone's trying out new and interesting methods of torture. Those are my guesses anyway. 

Meanwhile I'm basking in my elegant chocolate, chocolate, wood, forum environment. So soothing :3

Oh i c

Yeah, for future visitors of this thread, Fuwafabulous is now the new default theme(?) and it's default colors are Emerald + Apple as a tribute to the longstanding Gravity Green.

You can still change to Gravity Green (until it one day gets ganked for realz), and you can also change Fuwafabulous colors by clicking Edit Style in upper left. Experiment!

I mean, I know people have an affinity for gravity green, but these are not the shades of green used in that skin and it's honestly ugly as hell. I can only imagine what it must be like for a brand new user to check out fuwanovel and encounter that. The default color scheme really ought to be as neutral as possible so you don't offend anyone's aesthetic sensibilities and people can customize if they want something else.

I mean, I know people have an affinity for gravity green, but these are not the shades of green used in that skin and it's honestly ugly as hell. I can only imagine what it must be like for a brand new user to check out fuwanovel and encounter that. The default color scheme really ought to be as neutral as possible so you don't offend anyone's aesthetic sensibilities and people can customize if they want something else.

The default colour of Fuwa Fab didn’t use to be green, it was changed a few days ago with the default skin. Also if you observe the first post from this thread closely - http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/8564-new-theme-option-fuwafabulous/ and recall that a certain … green obsessed admin also liked the Green Gravity theme and might be feeling nostalgic or something… I’m trying to be nice about it but for certain reasons the Powers That Be might have been trying to emulate the Gravity Green theme XD. It's just a guess though.

Tay will most likely change it once he gets a chance. 

Assuming the 10,000 unique visitors never bothered changing gravity green theme I'd vote marble+apple as the better 'neutral' option for the familiarity / consistensy (and so we can potentially trick them into thinking we gave gravity green an upgrade or something :sachi: )

Why are so many stupid ass threads popping up regarding dumb shit that could be solved with a PM to an admin? Like, can we just get a Theme and Sidebar Bitch Mega Thread up to keep all the whining about shit contained? Its really really getting on my nerves now. 

Theoretically every single thread in these forums could be resolved by contacting an admin, but sometimes it's nice to get the input of others. Which matters deserve that, which don't? I'm pretty sure you're not the person who decides that.

Without trying to offend anyone, but most of the time trying to get community feedback is a straight up waste of time. Circular arguments, pointless arguments, no will to compromise at all.

Most changes I end up sitting down to implement (which is a huge pain at times) happen because I looked at the idea and thought it might lead somewhere. I frankly don't care enough to put everything through a vocal (wannabe) committee pushing some kind of agenda and am incredibly tired of the constant discussions.

Most of it might be better to just get proposed instead of discussed, especially when I'm the bottleneck for most changes.

Why are so many stupid ass threads popping up regarding dumb shit that could be solved with a PM to an admin? Like, can we just get a Theme and Sidebar Bitch Mega Thread up to keep all the whining about shit contained? Its really really getting on my nerves now. 

Because I can create a thousand threads if I want it. You're not my mama.

Without trying to offend anyone, but most of the time trying to get community feedback is a straight up waste of time. Circular arguments, pointless arguments, no will to compromise at all.

You're looking for a resolution, which is why you find them pointless. With a hundred points of view raging you'll rarely get a compromise, but feedback tends to be useful for generating ideas, to get an idea of the perspective of other members of the community, to keep abreast of potential problems. Whether that feedback is listened to is another question entirely, but a feedback forum serves a purpose.

Speaking of which, Bats isn't complaining that there's feedback going on in the feedback forum is he? XD

Chill yo beans, it's just a bit of fun. Relax, here, have a cookie.

On a side note: why exactly was the layout changed? 

On a side note: why exactly was the layout changed? 

Changed from Gravity Green because that theme wouldn't be supported in the next forum update and is therefore being phased out. As for why the forum was saturated with green... XD Well...

cUQ3cv2.png

Tay's evil XD