What's the purpose of adding people as friends in Fuwa?

It makes you look popular, not that anyone cares.

As Tiago said, you can also get notifications (enabled by default) whenver they update their status. I disabled that though.

I tend to add people who I'm like, "Hey, I talk(ed) to and/or recognize this person on Fuwa! Let's add them!" 

I friended Clephas when I found out he was a baker and so I was no longer intimidate. Not that baking emasculates or anything but that was a fun fact.

@Zeno. Oh. Guess I must've enabled it when I messed with the settings when I first started then

That was automatically disabled for me :michiru:

Yea, me too, I don't recall ever getting a notification of that.  Either it's turned off, or my Friends don't have much to do.

Seems like it's a demanding forum life for fuwanovel veterans; you have to keep up with the main forums, your PM's, your profile, your Friends, your Status Updates, the main blog, the other Blogs, the skype group, the TS group, and probably others I can't think of right now.

When you become friends with someone on Fuwanovel, your accounts become linked with an invisible "affection bar," which increases based on your interaction with them. There are also various quests you can do to increase your affection. The affection gauge starts at level 0, but once you gather enough points to max it out, you can increase your affection levels. I still have to play around to test what sorts of effects each level grants you, but this is what I have discovered so far:

- When your affection with another member is at level 2, the success rate of favors increases by 60%.

- When your affection with another member is at level 3, you gain a skill point, which you can allocate towards one of two skills: "Add Skype [Passive]," "Game Together [Active, 80 mana],"

- When your affection with another member is at level 8, you unlock the ability to ask for sexual favors (still testing this)

There is another functionality that revolves around the affection bar. If you and a group of other people all share a high affection mutually, then you can form a party and participate in what is known to be "circlejerking." However, be warned! Circlejerking has a chance to decrease your affection with members who are not a member of your party. If you are looking to try to maximize your affection levels with a certain member, then I advise you to include him or her in your circlejerk adventures.

When you become friends with someone on Fuwanovel, your accounts become linked with an invisible "affection bar," which increases based on your interaction with them. There are also various quests you can do to increase your affection. The affection gauge starts at level 0, but once you gather enough points to max it out, you can increase your affection levels. I still have to play around to test what sorts of effects each level grants you, but this is what I have discovered so far:

- When your affection with another member is at level 2, the success rate of favors increases by 60%.

- When your affection with another member is at level 3, you gain a skill point, which you can allocate towards one of two skills: "Add Skype [Passive]," "Game Together [Active, 80 mana],"

- When your affection with another member is at level 8, you unlock the ability to ask for sexual favors (still testing this)

There is another functionality that revolves around the affection bar. If you and a group of other people all share a high affection mutually, then you can form a party and participate in what is known to be "circlejerking." However, be warned! Circlejerking has a chance to decrease your affection with members who are not a member of your party. If you are looking to try to maximize your affection levels with a certain member, then I advise you to include him or her in your circlejerk adventures.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. And this is wrong, women don't participate on those stuff, so you can't participate, astro-nee-sama.

i never know we have this kind of feature ==

where the hell i can take the quest to raise someone affection ? o.o"