The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

AnthranDawn

Trails_of_Cold_Steel_Logo1.png

Platform: PS3/Vita (Vita TV?)

I'm more shocked than excited (well, I'm beyond excited)

Apparently we are seeing the continuation for the Legend of Heroes series in the west. This is the 6th game in the series that The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky came from (on PSP and Steam, JRPG fans, play it.)

I never even imagined that we would see this game in English. I thought this series would be over and done with in the US after Trails in the Sky SC, but upon reading some info about this, Falcom themselves went to XSeed games and pushed for a localization.

Even more news... the game is coming out this year. so fans in the US get to look forward to Trails in the Sky SC and this game coming out in 2015.

I'm a huge fan of this series, and I've played all of them in Japanese. I loved this game, and people who have never played any Legend of Heroes should really look into it. However, XSeed is skipping three whole games which provide story to the series as a whole. Falcom said it would be alright to play this one as a entry way into the series, and I can see why he would say that, but I feel like they should be played in order, but with the aging PS3 and Vita, I ca nunderstand see why they would push for it to be released this year.

Anyone else excited for this?

HELL YES! Massive fan of Trails in the Sky and will be buying this as soon as it's released. Been waiting for years for the Trails in the Sky:SC to be released, and it's awesome to know Cold Steel has also been 100% translated and will be following soon after.

People should play Trails on the PC if they're able, not the PSP. The translation is better ;)

Hopefully I can get through Zero and Blue before this comes out. I'd love to finally play one of this series in English, but I want to be caught up in the story before I dive right in to Cold Steel.

Good call. Zero and Ao are the best in the series (in my opinion anyway). You're in for a real treat when you start those up!

Good news

But I'm more excited to see the release of sora no kiseki SC :P

Same with me actually! I played the first game in English originally and played the rest in Japanese. I can't wait to replay it in English, as the translation for the first was really well done, so I'm excited to see the same quality in SC.

Edit: my actual reaction to the news was exactly like the first 2 seconds of this video:

YESSSSS, I'M SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS!!!  I really liked Trails in the Sky FC, and have been waiting for SC ever since I finished the first game.  I just love the characters, story, and battle system in it so much.  I'm really happy they are bringing over more Legend of Heroes games.  :heart:

I'm actually replaying FC right now just so things will be fresh in my mind whenever SC releases. Really can't wait for both SC and ToC (who knew not one but two games would beat out Project X Zone 2 as my most anticipated of the year?) :)

I'll tell you when I heard we would be getting the newest entries in the series I was definitely surprised we'd be getting the second one too as I'd heard that one apparently ties in with Zero and Ao but I'm far from complaining since I was figuring the most we could hope for after SC was TC and more from this series is always welcome. After the news  and reading Xseed's blog on the matter, I'd say my reaction as the hype set in was as follows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU4mDyj8DSI

I really need to finish Trails in the Sky FC right now. I'm pretty exited for this and happy because it's for vita.

Falcom games are all awesome, though Ys is still my favorite and XSeed is doing good job bringing them over. And looking at what they've done, I believe we will see the other Trails games translated as well.

I really hope Zero/Ao someday sees an english Translation, however XSeed has stated that it would be very difficult/near impossible to localize them. They have said that releasing games on the PSP, even digital, is just not practical given how long it would take to localize the games. The vita ports feature fully voiced scripts, and even if they didn't want to dub it themselves, getting the licsensing for the voice actors would be a nightmare.

There is still hope. There are PC versions that have been released of both games. Hopefully we see those on Steam.

I'm very excited about this announcement. I find it funny considering that I just started my play through of Trails in the Sky a few days before this announcement surfaced. On another note I am also a huge fan of Falcom's Ys series so I'm happy they are bringing out more games from one of their other series to the west.