Anime for Marathoning

So I'm having a anime marathon with my friend this summer and I want some suggestion for shows that benefit greatly from watching them in one go.

No other requirements, so every genre goes, we don't shy from anything.

Here's some examples of what we have watched previously

• Bakemonogatari
  • Baccano
  • Kara no Kyoukai 
  • Madoka Magica
  • Mushishi
  • White Album 2

Katanagatari (it's like 12 episodes, but each episode is like 50 minutes long), Log Horizon, The Irregular at Magic High School, Infinite Stratos, Love Live, The World Only God Knows, and RWBY are some decent mentions. I could give you a big damn list, honestly.

If you REALLY want a marathon though, there's always the "top four" Narutard, Bleach, One Shit, and Fairy Turd.  :wahaha:

If you REALLY want a marathon though, there's always the "top four" Narutard, Bleach, One Shit, and Fairy Turd.  :wahaha:

Why... is Bleach the only one that didn't get a pun name?

Anyway you should watch the dubbed version of Ghost Stories, it's hilarious and awesome. Also try Mononoke, Requiem from the Darkness, Hell Girl, Kino's Journey. The reason I think these are good for marathoning is that, having marathoned often in my younger years, I know that fatigue sets in quickly when you try to burn through any anime that has an over-arching plot you need to keep track of. The anime I recommend are episodic in nature, thus even if someone drops off to sleep or has to leave for a bit they'll only miss individual stories, not chunks of the plot. At the same time, despite being episodic, they are all really good shows. Also, if you're okay with slightly longer stuff, Blackjack is really good and also an episodic show.

Cardcaptor Sakura might also work since, while it does have some over-arching plot elements, it's still very episodic except for the season finales.

Katanagatari (it's like 12 episodes, but each episode is like 50 minutes long), Log Horizon, The Irregular at Magic High School, Infinite Stratos, Love Live, The World Only God Knows, and RWBY are some decent mentions. I could give you a big damn list, honestly.

Blah, I will never watch any bloated Shounen shows, never.

But Katanagatari was something I was also considering myself.

@Getsuya

I don't mind shows with long story arcs, my young mind can still handle those. :P

Hell girl looks promising, thanks for that.

FSN by ufo maybe ? I think it'll be good for marathon :D (Quality... 11/10) Maybe FMA B? Looks like you want to watch adult animes with good plots so...

Katanagatari also should fit.

@edit

+1 for Terror in Resonance should fit perfectly 

@AbyssalMonkey

I misspelled it, wanted to write mature for mature audience, I mean from list he now have it looks like he's looking for that type of anime, not some shonens or comedy/romance's

I'm going to throw in Terror in Resonance.  That show should have been a 4 hour movie instead.  

Looks like you want to watch adult animes with good plots so...

This statement alone really makes me hate the way you think.  Trying to sector off TV shows by adult and non-adult is just plain stupid.  The only classification that I can think of here in the United States where I live is 18+, non 18+, and then educational children shows like Barney and The Magic School Bus.  Everything else is pretty much free game for everyone.  I really couldn't give a fuck if Japan tries to label them as "seinen" and "shounen" or "shoujo", a show is a show, and calling something "adult" is ridiculous.  You can say it has more complex ideas in the story, but that doesn't make it an "adult" show.  Also, saying "good plot" is entirely subjective and unhelpful, as it means different things to different people.

/rant (I really wanted to continue bashing for another half hour, but this isn't the place to do it.)

I'm going to throw in Terror in Resonance.  That show should have been a 4 hour movie instead.  

This statement alone really makes me hate the way you think.  Trying to sector off TV shows by adult and non-adult is just plain stupid.  The only classification that I can think of here in the United States where I live is 18+, non 18+, and then educational children shows like Barney and The Magic School Bus.  Everything else is pretty much free game for everyone.  I really couldn't give a fuck if Japan tries to label them as "seinen" and "shounen" or "shoujo", a show is a show, and calling something "adult" is ridiculous.  You can say it has more complex ideas in the story, but that doesn't make it an "adult" show.  Also, saying "good plot" is entirely subjective and unhelpful, as it means different things to different people.

/rant (I really wanted to continue bashing for another half hour, but this isn't the place to do it.)

Despite shounen/seinen/shoujo/josei are demographics, they also include a lot of "traits" and "characteristics" . So they are very helpful when choosing something to watch.

It's nice to see people recommending shows I would never think of by myself.

Terror in Resonance and Nagi no Asukara are good stuff, but I've seen them already.  :( And I need to corrupt my fried to VNs before watching ufotable F/SN.

And yeah, 12-26 is probably the optimal length, that can be watched in reasonable time. 

The interesting ones are Toaru Railgun and Another. Kuroko no Basket too I guess, we joked about watching that at some point.

Keep the recommendations coming, young unemployed students have lots of free time during summer.

With friends?! Why? Wouldn't that set an awkward mood and embarrassment among the friends?

High School DxD and the rest of ecchi stuff is meant to be watched alone.

Oh really? I though it you were supposed to watch hentai ecchi stuff with your friends