Light Novels

Snowtsuku

Since more of the discussions here are anime based, I just to know who here also read light novels. Though I am not a fan of light novels because of the walls of texts, if the story is really good I tend to read it.

Currently I am reading Highschool DxD and the Monogatari Series. People are suggesting me to read Campione but they said that it was too long -.- I'll prolly read Montaiji and Hidan no Aria if I have more time.

The only light novel I've read is the Narcissu one, and that's because I'm obsessed with that game. For all the others, I have no idea what they are until I check out the anime. For a lot of them, unfortunately, I have trouble sitting through a 20 minute episode, let alone those walls of text, as you said. I enjoyed season 1 of Haganai quite a bit. Guess the light novel would've been cool, but if it's just the same story, I see no incentive to get into it~

Not really into LN's. Last time I read one was like 2~3 years ago - it was Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria on Baka-Tsuki, and at that time I thought it was pretty good. Don't feel like reading new volumes now, since I forgot almost everything about first 4.

I have some Light Novels on my ipad, but I don't read them unless I go somewhere where I have the time to read for a while, which doesn't happen often, so I barely read Light Novels xD

I started Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, but I thought it was kinda slow, maybe because I started right after I finished the anime.

Being someone who pretty much never read light novels, my question would be, are most of them a lot better than the anime? Watching the anime obviously requires a lot less time. I've heard that Sword Art Online's light novel version is infinitely better. The anime was fine, but I'm no massive fan of it. It's how to imagine how the book can be that much better. Any LNs where you watch the anime and think it's a disservice to the original material?

Being someone who pretty much never read light novels, my question would be, are most of them a lot better than the anime? Watching the anime obviously requires a lot less time. I've heard that Sword Art Online's light novel version is infinitely better. The anime was fine, but I'm no massive fan of it. It's how to imagine how the book can be that much better. Any LNs where you watch the anime and think it's a disservice to the original material?

People are saying that Date A Live's animation is a fail though I haven't read the LN yet. It's pretty much like comparing VN and the anime adaptation where the VN will win 99.99% of the time.

In my case though, the LN of High School DxD is really a lot better than the anime.

Watching the anime obviously requires a lot less time.

Hm?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a light novel is, like, 200 pages per volume or so, right? And it's light. Thus quick to read.

Reading 200 pages probably takes about 3 hours for the average reader, and a 1-cour series is about 2 volumes and is about 4h30 long, so it's within the same range of time.

新世界より - Too much kanji.

戯言シリーズ - readable I get stuck on kanji though.

化物語(上)/猫物語(白) - Somewhat readable

Ironically some manga I have are harder (in terms of kanji) then LN's.

Hm?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a light novel is, like, 200 pages per volume or so, right? And it's light. Thus quick to read.

Reading 200 pages probably takes about 3 hours for the average reader, and a 1-cour series is about 2 volumes and is about 4h30 long, so it's within the same range of time.

Depends on reading speed xD

The only light novels I read are Nisio's Monogatari(Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, etc.)

I think I'm actually in the minority of the people who prefer the novels to the anime. Koyomi just feels so underused in the anime without his brilliant narration.

Not too mention that Kizumonogatari is quite awesome.

I am waiting for Kizu's animation but. well.