Worth keeping this theme?: Fuwa2015 ("Clarity")

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to make you aware that I've restored a deleted forums theme (formerly "Fuwa 2015"), but it's been re-designed for simplicity and it's now called "Clarity". Give it a try and let me know what you think. Feedback would be extremely helpful.

- Tay

PS: I'll be in-and-out for the next few days, so if you don't hear back from me on PM or email, don't take it personally. I'll be back-back on Tuesday, but I'll probably pop in-and-out briefly before then.

Not for me, a little too much white space for my taste. I also don't like how the user info to the left of posts doesn't really have a clear boundary from the rest of the real estate, if that makes any sense.

Not for me, a little too much white space for my taste. I also don't like how the user info to the left of posts doesn't really have a clear boundary from the rest of the real estate, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, I'm not super-crazy about the white space, either (that's why I took down the theme the first time).

I'll be honest, unlike the dark theme, this theme literally looks like a reskin of FuwaFabulous skin.  Everything looks exceedingly similar.  I'm not saying people can't use it, and I'm not saying it's bad, but it really does just look like a limited version of FuwaFabulous with a different coat of paint.

As an aside, and I might just be completely imagining this, but didn't the Fuwafabulous theme used to be like pink/red or something like that? I just switched to it for the first time in awhile and was surprised to see it was green. Am I thinking of some other theme?

RE: Clarity -- it also has problems with the notifications buttons.... I don't think it's worth renewing this one. I think we can let it go.

As an aside, and I might just be completely imagining this, but didn't the Fuwafabulous theme used to be like pink/red or something like that? I just switched to it for the first time in awhile and was surprised to see it was green. Am I thinking of some other theme?

Yes, I did switch the defaults. That was part of a larger switch, however, where FuwaFabulous is now the default forums theme. 

... the day of Gravity Green has passed... (Nobody needs to mourn just yet, though: there will be a formal memorial service once we finally upgrade to IPB 4)

... the day of Gravity Green has passed... (Nobody needs to mourn just yet, though: there will be a formal memorial service once we finally upgrade to IPB 4)

That will be a sad day; It's what I still use. Though looking at Fuwafabulous and its options, you can get it looking pretty nice.

What's the technobabble behind not being able to keep the skins despite everyone thinking they're ugly (Clarity) or everyone living in dinosaur ages unable to live for the future (Gravity Green)

Refund? Skin limit?

(Gank Clarity. Keep Gravity Green for the same reasons you wanted to keep the Birthday widget :P)

What's the technobabble behind not being able to keep the skins despite everyone thinking they're ugly (Clarity) or everyone living in dinosaur ages unable to live for the future (Gravity Green)

No technobabble. As I understand it, they cost money and carry a renewal fee.

Personally, I switch between Gravity Green and FuwaFabulous. There's nothing wrong with Clarity per se, though it does seem somewhat... Well, it doesn't really pop out and say, "I'm unique!" it's just kind of there. Dull, maybe? It's kind of like Gravity Green, with just a lot of white. I wouldn't mind using it of course, but it just feels really "normal."

Nothin' special.

Edit: Though I guess, that's not really a bad thing. Simplicity has its own charm, and if it isn't costing anything to keep it, I don't see why not. Is there a way to see statistics of how many people use what theme and all that jazz? I'd be interested in that.

Options are always good as long as there are no downsides.  As long as you're not losing money because of Clarity, you might as well keep it.  I personally won't use it, but there's no reason to stop other people from using it as long as it doesn't drain resources or stop something else from happening.  I assume that's why Gravity Green is getting ganked, because IPB 4 won't support it.

Dark theme master race, midnight black makes it less painful when moving between rooms in the dark.

Well, the cost is that he doesn't remove it and then later the six people that do use it get mad that it keeps breaking because no longer supported etc. Or just that it apparently doesn't support PM notifications... what the hell is with that anyway?

Well, the cost is that he doesn't remove it and then later the six people that do use it get mad that it keeps breaking because no longer supported etc. Or just that it apparently doesn't support PM notifications... what the hell is with that anyway?

The buttons are just hidden b/c I can't figure out what's wrong with the padding and header dimensions.