Screw good VNs, I'm looking for bad Visual Novels!

-Flashback-

I never liked something that I consider bad, and I can't understand why would I.

I guess you're not one of those types of people that think sometimes something is so bad that it's funny and entertaining to see just how bad it is.

Entertainment can be found in many forms, and just because something has bad qualities, doesn't mean those bad qualities can't amount to some form of entertainment, it just depends on how you look at it.

Little Busters will always remain on my top favorite vns despite how many flaws i always point out it has. I consider it average at best, but it's still in my favorites. I would say little Busters is in my favorites because despite how shit it is, and despite how much i laugh at its flaws, i still have fun reading through it.

It's still bad though.

Harukoi Otome and Yandere were wastes of time. But if you want something that will make you feel like garbage for even THINKING about playing it as the credits roll, Over the Rainbow is a good place to start. I forgot how  awful that VN made me feel until someone brought it up in an earlier post. Just... no. 

@satsuki i found it really really generic & boring. reads like your supa standart harem 12episode anime, which you cant enjoy, because how rushed he is.

edit: of course there´re much worse ones out there, but for sanitys sake i wouldn´t dare to mention them, everything below beeing rated 5 is garbage & doesnt get rated by me. disregarded straight into nothingness after somehow "playing" it. even the sacred act of fapping requires a minimum amount of appealing story, or my little atilla-kun wont salute happily

This is about as bottom of the barrel as it gets from translated VNs

https://vndb.org/v118

I actually played this one! Around the summer of 2013. I don't have many memories of it, which is not a good thing. That means it didn't have much memorable about it.Here's what I do remember:

- The plot is rather bland and straightforward;

- The 4 girls who you can get in the end have 4 very different personalities but all very cliche;

- Appealing character design and okay graphics for its time (I remember the game came out around 2002?);

- Had some funny moments that made up for the thin plot it had which is a good thing;

- I remember seeing several spelling and sentence mistakes showing lack of attention on their work (for example they wrote "go to to mall" instead of "going to the mall"). That's very unprofessional. It makes it seem they never even bother to test the game and read the dialogues first before releasing it to the public. In other words, they didn't give a crap whether or not it had typos

- The voices audio was too low compared to the background music! I could barely hear what they were saying. The audio was in Japanese but it's still a different feeling to hear the characters while you pass the text (I never bothered to see if there's an option to cancel the background music though).

- The endings were the so-called "happy endings". Quite predictable. Not too bad.

Overall: I'd say it's average. Nothing memorable like I said at the beginning but not terrible either.

There seems to be a lot of hate for Harukoi Otome so that's the one I'll try next!

You are in luck, Winged Cloud just released a perfect game for you.

P.S.

What's with the hate toward Overdrive? I don't like them much myself, but, surely, Kira Kira wasn't *that* bad. It's drawn out, and, in my opinion, very underwhelming in the end, but it's still a fairly competently written work by the same guy who did Swan Song of all things. There must have been an issue with its translation or something. :D

Okay maybe there were some of recommended one, but if your M blood is rushing for bad VN, here's very good recommendation in Unigamesity. After I write my take on Little Busters and KiraKira.

Oh, and I think if KiraKira or Little Busters is bad, i think it's very subjective matter, at least they popular enough and have nice plot (Defending on you of course). As matter of opinion, I think those 2 VN is the one that make VN reputation is more better than now, at least there was many choice aside sex fest VN and also LB and KiraKira make nice starter for the one who started to read VN.

Well, back to bad VN recommendation, here's the link to the top 10 amazing VN thanks to Calin Ciabai from Unigamesity (2 of them). His choice was quite questionable, although I dare to said that he is dumb enough to call G-Collection, Peach Princess, and JAST as the creator of the game.

http://archive.is/gzqsR

Here's the second list 

http://www.unigamesity.com/10-amazing-visual-novels-you-can-play-in-english/

Just copy the list in case it will be disappear. Well have fun there if you really like the suffering lol.

Edited by littleshogun