Continuation! Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai Translation

You know what? I'm also translating this game, but I'll only update once per couple months. Until then, you have no right to question whether I'm actually doing anything.

Also no, they never said that. They'll be slow to make progress, but they said they'll keep us updated.

Also, neither staff member has logged in to the site for two weeks now (for the main translator it's close to 3 weeks now).

You know what? I'm also translating this game, but I'll only update once per couple months. Until then, you have no right to question whether I'm actually doing anything.

Also no, they never said that. They'll be slow to make progress, but they said they'll keep us updated.

Also, neither staff member has logged in to the site for two weeks now (for the main translator it's close to 3 weeks now).

I never actually said anything like that. I'm only telling people ( or rather the same guy) to stop bumping the topic for no reason. If the people doing this have anything to say regarding progress or anything, they'll say so. If not, then just wait patiently. 

I think it's time I shed some light on the situation, shall I?

First of all, I want to apologize for my lack of updating, let lone actually logging into the site.

For those wanting an explanation as to why I have not updated even once since the project's annoucement, it's due to a situation and several changes that happened within the past month or so. When I initally announced the project, I had just completed college and I was all set to continue on with my education. I had taken the summer off from my previous job and was ready and willing to commit to the project as a full-time commitment. I had reached out to several people and even gotten some replys from some of them who were interested in working on it. To me, everything was going to proceed along smoothly and I had high hopes that it would be translated rather quickly.

That being said, literally the Friday I had announced the project, I got a call from one of my friends asking me to apply to a compnay he was working at in order to work in a new department that was being developed. I interviewed the following Monday and was hired the day after. When the project was announced I had a clear cut plan on where my life was going as well as a good 3+ months to work on the project. This plan was destroyed not even a week after I had planned everything out and was ready to get started.

In the couple of weeks before I started, I tried to do what I could with the work, but after reviewing the scripts and seeing how much time and effort that was needed to do it the right way, I determined that I had a responsibility to a company that was generous enough to give me an opprotunity I simply could not refuse. I wanted to make sure I was focused on preforming at my job, and not letting anything distract me for the time being. It's my first time working at a big company, so I wanted to make sure I was prepared everyday with a mind focused on nothing but my work. 

Additionally, I gave it a little bit of time to see if I could have enough energy on the weekends to work on the project, as I'm sure that is the case with a lot of people in the translation community, as I know I'm not the only one who has to work for a living. Working 10 hour days every day has left me extremely exausted come Friday night. I've never worked 50+ hour work weeks before, so it's still something I have to get used to, so I feel quality translation and team cooridination is something I cannot do effeciantly.

I've looked through the replys in this thread, and I apologize to those voicing their concern. In fact your posts didn't invoke any negative reaction out of me, as you had every right to be skeptical, especially due to my lack of input in the thread. I was overjoyed that this project even got the attention of some of the Fuwa staff, which gave my motivation to make this a reality, but sadly, I have to focus on getting used to this new lifestyle I'm living.

I apologize to the community for suddenly backing out of it, but I assure you all that I had full intentions of completing it, but as I'm sure you all know, life has a funny way of changing completeltly on you in such a small time frame. It seems someone else is activly working on the Visual Novel, and I say good luck to you my friend, I look forward to seeing your completed work.

With that little novlet written, I don't intend to simply dissapear from the website. Visual Novels are still an interest of mine, and in the future, when I have some stability again, I'd love to contribute to anything in anyway that I can.

Thanks everyone. I do appreciate your words of encouragment and any support that you have offered to me. I hope I can offer the same in the near future.

Thank you for your honesty. There's nothing wrong with dropping a project as long as you communicate that you're dropping the project - the real problem is when people aren't working on a project yet claim to be working on it.

Do you know the status of the other staff members on the project? Are they still active and/or intending to continue, or is the project as a whole dropped?

Don't know about the other guy who was working on the translation as well, though I'm still very active.... though i'm just a hacker and image editor, not much for me to contribute to the project.

I hate to be the one to bump this thread again with no news to offer, but would anyone here happen to have the original scripts/images archive that the previous translator published in his absence post? Unfortunately, it would appear that the original link is dead

I know that there was already a patch made with his final offering included, but I'd really like to have a copy of the unaltered archive if anyone so happens to have it.  

I hate to be the one to bump this thread again with no news to offer, but would anyone here happen to have the original scripts/images archive that the previous translator published in his absence post? Unfortunately, it would appear that the original link is dead

I know that there was already a patch made with his final offering included, but I'd really like to have a copy of the unaltered archive if anyone so happens to have it.  

Here you go. https://www.mediafire.com/?6a4evvke1td8knq

It wouldn't be much of a curse if it was explainable. Really though, it's just that all august projects are always left mysteriously unfinished.

Good news is that Erengy has recently stated that QA work on Yoake has resumed. Bad news is that it will still probably take ages and also it's one of August's worst games. Still, there is hope yet for the curse being broken.

It wouldn't be much of a curse if it was explainable. Really though, it's just that all august projects are always left mysteriously unfinished.

Good news is that Erengy has recently stated that QA work on Yoake has resumed. Bad news is that it will still probably take ages and also it's one of August's worst games. Still, there is hope yet for the curse being broken.

Ehm, what? Yoake is widely regarded as August's second best game (after Eustia), in Japan at least.

My tastes seem to differ, then. :P

I enjoyed Fortune Arterial, Eustia, and Daito much more. The Yoake translation is suuuper dry, though I thought it was that way in the original script. 

Haha, well, don't quote me on that, then. I only played Eustia myself.

But I heard a lot of good things about Yoake, nonetheless. It was pretty much what single-handedly turned AUGUST into a respected eroge brand back in the day.

(Though both FA and Daito are also considered to be among their better games. It's their earlier games prior to their breakthrough with Yoake that are usually written off.)

• 2 weeks later...

i hope there is someone will break august curse for us

decide to learn japanese & become a true hero by doing it yourself.

otherwise, unless you actually pay someone for finishing the job, you simply have no right demanding such thing from people volunteering in this metier

otherwise, unless you actually pay someone for finishing the job, you simply have no right demanding such thing from people volunteering in this metier

I think wishing for stuff to happen is okay, its not like hoping for something is pressuring anyone.

"I hope someone translates this game"

"how dare you!"

What?