Continuation! Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai Translation

I figure I'd make a new thread to start of fresh and say that I along with Jaysc, plan to continue the translation of  Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai that was dropped last month.

I know that a lot of people were dissappointed with the fact that this was dropped (me), so I wanted to make the completion of it a reality.

However, I wanted to extend this to the community. Jaysc and I have created a share on my google drive account with the scripts that need to be translated, along with reference materials. If people wants to help out in any capacity, they should feel free to do so. Anyone with Japanese knowledge is welcome to help out.

Additionally, if anyone just wants to edit or proofread as we go along, that would be helpful as well.

I also made a new thread to encourage people to get the word out if they know anyone who can contribute to the project. I want to see this completed as much as you guys do!

I can give anyone who is interested a link to the share, or post it here later if it is necessary to do so.

Let's break the so called "August Curse"... together!

I hope you are not making this an open to anyone TL project like White Album 2, which so far is horrible.

That was my inital thought, but then I figured the project would turn out to be something like that, which a lot of projects with too much openness tend to turn into. I will however not turn anyone down and link them to the project if they wish to help out, which is why I will share the link to the project individually if they want to contribute. I do want the project to be open, but I will do my best to make sure the translation remains a quality one.

As I said earlier, good luck guys, hope it won't take long, and you will survive till the end :D

I have to say that I haven't played this VN, but the art itself looks godlike(just like a perfect fit for me :/), and by reading a quick description, I want to play it so bad, but I don't know if it's worth playing right now 40~~% TLed.

Saw some charts in previous thread, and it didn't look to good :(

Also, will you guys keep us updated? Like 50% of this route done or something? As we all know everybody loves numbers and percents :)

I started my first full-time job shortly after the announcement of the project, so no decent amount of progress has been made. I had intended to start right away, but I got interviewed and hired a couple of days after I started the project. I'm focusing on creating a schedule so I can get used to the flow of work so I can work on the translation. Just wanted to update you guys on whats been going on on my end. I do intend to keep things updated, and I will post updates here as you guys requested.

That being said, It's awesome that this thread has been listed in on of the TLstatus updates! More progress can be made with a bigger team, so anyone feel free to send me a message or refer someone you know here!

I really don't want to hype everyone up so I don't post here much. Remember how long it took for the previous translator to get the stage we are at right now, and i suspect his Japanese skills are really advance. AnthranDawn has been busy lately getting used to his new job so he hasn't had much time doing the translation. I've been going at my own pace as well but I too have things to do in life.

• 2 weeks later...

some dudes behavior is really making me speechless. not even one month has passed since they´ve announced the project, incl. stuff told in their posts above & them raging fanboys already expecting its completion to happen overnight....

edit: adressed to at least one stalker, whose posts are more of a spamming, than constructive nature

It's less 'expecting completion' and more 'expecting any kind of progress at all'. Saying you'll translate something is easily done, actually making some progress is another thing. (And then there's the real challenge which is keeping up the progress until the game's finished.)

There are tons of 'translation projects' that never get beyond the initial announcement, so with the project members having apparently no previous experience it only makes sense to be skeptical.