What's your favorite japanese food?

Omuraisu is hands down my favorite. I prefer it with fried rice but steamed rice is good enough. I've had a few other dishes like miso soup and chard oshitashi but nothing melts in your mouth like omelet rice.

Oh I also really like nikuman. Something about hidden goodies always gets me

I think my omelet rice was average but still tasted pretty darn good, I hope to go to Japan someday and try theirs.

Just as I clicked on this thread, my mouth instantly felt dry and in need of some Japanese food...

I have to go with Sushi. I will admit that I never tried Sushi before just until about, I think, 2 or 3 years ago. I learned that there are good and bad sushi places, so I can't really tell which are the professionally-made kinds and vice versa.

I really like yakisoba if I can get it on a day when it won't give me heartburn. It's best fresh with lots of sauce. Other than that I freaking love gyuudon and whenever I can make the trip I head up to a Sukiya near a bookstore I like and get cheese gyuudon with a salad. When I lived in Kyoto I ate this just about every night since it's only like $3-4 and comes with lots of meat, rice, cheese plus the salad and miso soup on the side. A good meal for a broke exchange student, though I can afford to live a bit nicer now days.