Steam actually implements a real refund system

Zenophilious

Have to say, I'm not liking the "up to 2 hours of gameplay or no refund" rule.  Don't really understand why it was added in there.  Other than that, it's great, and something that should have been implemented a long time ago.

Because in 2 weeks you could clear entire games and then ask for refunds, this is to make sure people tried it out and REALLY didn't like it and immediately regret it.

I know you can do that with real life stores but for an online retailer it's not such a good deal.

Have to say, I'm not liking the "up to 2 hours of gameplay or no refund" rule.  Don't really understand why it was added in there.  Other than that, it's great, and something that should have been implemented a long time ago.

I'm guessing it's to avoid people just buying games, playing through them and refunding them. Of course that fails if your game takes under 2 hours to complete, but they do say that they'll stop refunding if you abuse it, and that they might still give you a refund if you've played over 2 hours, just that it'll be on a case-by-case basis.

Two hours is a bit low, in my opinion.  I doubt most people could fully complete a game in 5 hours unless it was extremely short and they rushed through it as fast as possible.  I usually spend 2+ hours in a game immediately after I purchase it, so that makes me a little wary.

Well, if not for the two hour of gameplay rule then a lot of people could just beat a game within the 14-day refund period and get a refund.

EDIT: two other people beat me to it already  :wafuu:

Two hours is a bit low, in my opinion.  I doubt most people could fully complete a game in 5 hours unless it was extremely short and they rushed through it as fast as possible. 

You're underestimating what people will do for saving money lol.

In Japan a lot of people buy eroge and complete it in a few days and then return it to get a full refund.

They don't care if they can't take the time to immerse themselves in the game, they just want to save some money, it's not unusual.

You're underestimating what people will do for saving money lol.

In Japan a lot of people buy eroge and complete it in a few days and then return it to get a full refund.

They don't care if they can't take the time to immerse themselves in the game, they just want to save some money, it's not unusual.

I guess I'm just naive  :sachi:

Muhaha, time to buy Grisaia and rush it within 2 hours for a refund. Wonder how that will go.

OT: It's a good thing they finally implemented some form of proper refunds. I got fucked over by a developer once and didn't get a refund so hopefully not again.

Muhaha, time to buy Grisaia and rush it within 2 hours for a refund. Wonder how that will go.

OT: It's a good thing they finally implemented some form of proper refunds. I got fucked over by a developer once and didn't get a refund so hopefully not again.

You are nailing that Japanese buying habit...

This might actually help increasing the quality of released games and act as a control system for Steam Greenlight. Devs would definately like to keep their money; now they will have a perfect reason to produce better games, which are actually worth keeping in a library.

TL&DR:

It might be bad, but only for shit games :makina:

This might actually help increasing the quality of released games. Devs would definately like to keep their money, they will have an incentive to produce better games, which are actually worth keeping in a library.

TL&DR:

It might be bad, but only for shit games :makina:

Nah, people will still keep buying Rust and dayz  :wahaha: